1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter Followers

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by sarahturned, Apr 8, 2009.

There are sites on the net that will allow you to auto follow everyone that follows you. These sites need your Twitter username/password, which I really don't want to give out.

Is there any other way to autofollow people on Twitter?

sarahturned, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  2. SteadyOn

SteadyOn Peon

Best Answers:
    All the sites I know also require you to give your user name and password. I am not sure they can tamper with your account. If they did that, they will be out of business should word gets out. You know how viral the internet can be. Otherwise just search for people you want to follow and add them manually, making sure you do not add more than 200 at a go. If you want to automate the process, see this: Add Twitter Followers on Autopilot

SteadyOn, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  3. AlbertMARKET

AlbertMARKET Peon

Best Answers:
    You must give authorization to autofollow or how else are they going to auto follow people? What site is it called particularly?

AlbertMARKET, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  4. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is Twitter OAUTH, which can be implemented by any site that needs to access your twitter account without giving your password. Its just that previously the sites were requiring twiter username and password, it is no longer required when using oauth, but the sites have not changed their technology used.

Traffic-Bug, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  5. Civin

Civin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I somehow missed the information about the OAUTH, looks like it was just announced a few days ago which is understandable why most sites have not yet adapted to it. Honestly thats one reason I've hated the thought of using many of the Twitter third party applications that are out there.

Don't get me wrong. It's not that I don't trust the sites, most of them are obviously aiming to become a presence to build a brand off of- but what if they get hacked? Currently that's the issue that most of the Twitter applications have to worry about. Not all but a LOT of the Twitter 3rd party sites are projects by students, programmers with other jobs, etc. What happens if their host is hacked? That's a nice chunk of Twitter accounts out in the wild. Fortunately OAUTH should be able to resolve that issue for us (Read up on it mid-post!) I can't wait to see the sites starting to implement the use of not having to give sites our full login details.

Civin, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  6. jidox

jidox Peon

Best Answers:
    It is somehow sounds fishy, just stay away before anything happens

jidox, Apr 8, 2009 IP