1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter advertising

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by BlueIce08, Mar 16, 2009.

Hi,

just wondering if anyone has used twitter to market their website. Just started using it recently and was curious to know if anyone has had any real success.

BlueIce08, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  2. manish.chauhan

manish.chauhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Still waiting to get success through twitter...:)

manish.chauhan, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  3. lhrowley

lhrowley Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had a Twitter account for about a year, but I've just really been seriously using it for a couple of months now.

It's an effective marketing tool, in my estimation, but only if you take the time to build real relationships with your followers. I see tons of users doing nothing but promoting their sites... and that just doesn't fly with Twitterers. You have to be willing to respond to their tweets, and not make it all about you and your business.

It can be quite time consuming (not to mention addictive), so if you're looking for a "push button" solution, this ain't it. Twitter is more for marketers who ascribe to the "slow and steady" approach to marketing.

If you're going to use Twitter, it's a good idea to set aside specific blocks of time for it. Otherwise, it's easy to get carried away, and spend hours tweeting when you could be focusing on other tasks.

All tha said, I've seen some decent success with Twitter, and will continue to use it as a marketing/relationship building tool... in moderation.

lhrowley, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  4. kiduka

kiduka Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with lhrowley. You should use Twitter if you don't mind long term marketing because you have to build relationship for other members or if you just go and promote your product or service to random users they won't respond.

kiduka, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  5. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    It's only going to become more important as a new trend of using Twitter as a search engine is becoming more popular. Use Twitter to announce website updates, new articles you've written, and throw in some personal tweets to make you look like a human being and not a big corporate advertisement :)

Pixelrage, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  6. wildogre

wildogre Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yup thats very true twitter is more then a marketing tool and you must use it to its full potential that 'll also help you in yielding the results you always wanted to.

wildogre, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  7. GuardianAngel

GuardianAngel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I definitely agree on the above posts. Tweeter is addictive, and may end up nothing but re-tweeting which makes it more becoming to be another social bookmarking site.

As I noticed, most of them are selling something or offering their service. So, if you cannot compete with them they will eat you alive.

I believe the effect of Tweeter is in the long run, not instant. You can hardly get potential customers, especially ig you don't choose the ones you follow.

GuardianAngel, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  8. AMac08

AMac08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its an excellent marketing tool which I think is going to change the online marketing game in the future.

Its good for long term marketing and networking.

AMac08, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  9. jpearce

jpearce Peon

Best Answers:
    The more people that follow you the better.

Twitter is about viral marketing and can be used to get traffic to your sites.

Here is my Twitter observation: What is Twitter?

jpearce, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  10. experienceadvertising

experienceadvertising Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Yes it definitely works. You can twitter out your blog posts and they get traffic. Of course like anything you have to do it in abundance to get a lot out of it...

experienceadvertising, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  11. GuardianAngel

GuardianAngel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Twitter is about viral marketing but I beg to disagree with the more follower the better issue.

I would rather have a hundred followers but half of them became my customer, than a thousand followers but don't visit my blog.

If one will not choose the ones he follows, it will be a waste of time...

GuardianAngel, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  12. AMac08

AMac08 Peon

Best Answers:
    twellow.com is a god site to see what people are interested in. Its a nice little way to do your market research.

AMac08, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  13. blazinrachel

blazinrachel Peon

Best Answers:
    i think if you have something interesting to offer then followers will increase naturally... I dont think people will follow you on twitter or buy your products if what you are selling are just full of craps...

blazinrachel, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  14. Pirates

Pirates Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, Twitter is a very good way to get traffic for your site. Is good because all the users that come to your site from Twitter are interested in your posts. (This only if you don't spam your twitter with hundreds of different sites). If you are based on a certain topic, then yes, Twitter can help you a lot.

Pirates, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  15. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    You're kidding, right?

No. It is the bottom of the barrel (I sure do use that term a lot, huh?) when it comes to selling a product.

And it doesn't bring in as much traffic for your average Joe, as one thinks it does.

But why ask, just try it for yourself.

copper12, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  16. SEO-UK

SEO-UK Peon

Best Answers:
    I was invited to join twitter about 3 years ago, did, thought it pointless. Never fired it up again.

Then joined last night, against my better judgement ... so there I sat, no mates.

Some idiot's already following me though ... so that's them marketing themselves because I went to see who is following me. But their targetting is off.

I think it'll suck up a LOT of time. And be annoying.

SEO-UK, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  17. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh lookie. And it's only $97, too.

Let me go get my debit card.

copper12, Mar 16, 2009 IP