1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

TV/Movie Site Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by !Unreal, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Nooz2

Nooz2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much mrgee !

Nooz2, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  2. ColorWP.com

ColorWP.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is either a scam or you are just self-promoting your site, or even if it works/pays - it's rate will most likely be 1 cent for 1k views. Anyway, I would like to check it out and see if it works. Why don't you post it here (or PM me if you don't want it to get saturated)? Please, don't PM me if it's an affiliate link.

ColorWP.com, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  3. Kencake

Kencake Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You guys might think you won't get bothered with if you host in the USA but you're wrong =/ A few of my sites are first in google for the high traffic phrases and I got a DMCA complaint. It was my first DMCA complaint so I kinda freaked out and closed my sites. Then I slept on it and realized an offshore server would do me fine. After weeks of searching and getting ripped off TWICE, I found an honest offshore webhost xD I am not affiliated with him in any way other than the fact that he hosts my sites. Just contact sales[at]profithost.net or even go to profithost.net. They've got good rates and amazing customer service. One more tip and this is the best one I've got and might end up ruining my business but here it is. Don't rely on sites like sidereel and stuff. Just keep trying to get to first on google for the targeted keyphrases. It pays off in the long run and every site you succeed with, the easier it gets. Trust me ;)

Kencake, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  4. PeoplesArcade

PeoplesArcade Banned

Best Answers:
    Shiiitttt never would have saw that coming. A bit scary.

And yeah sidereel is completely screwed at the moment.

PeoplesArcade, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  5. Kencake

Best Answers:
    Yeah I was ready to give up. I did switch to an offshore host though, and now everything is fine and has been fine for quite a while. It's all good ;)

Kencake, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  6. !Unreal

!Unreal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ive been going for about 6 months now and ive not had any complaints. I hope it stays that way.

!Unreal, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  7. Pal

Pal Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm the first one to post in this topic in 2009!

Guys, do you see huge drop in traffic from google? my site was ranking in first page for many keywords and was getting 100 visits/day. today it's 0! no traffic from google and my site ranks no where in google. does it happened to you too? even famous and old sites are ranking in page 6 and after.

Pal, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  8. ColorWP.com

ColorWP.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess it's Google testing their randomizing algorithms again, in order to test the performance of the sites in the results if they were in higher positions, and consider them in the site's ranking factors.

BTW, I've just checked my fairly popular TV show site's stats and there is no such traffic drop in my case. In fact, it has increased by around 15%, but that may be due to the fact that I'm working on promotion recently.

ColorWP.com, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  9. Stephe

Stephe Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pal, maybe you got a penalty on your site as all my sites still have their same rankings. What keywords are your site / those old sites not ranking for?

Stephe, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  10. Pal

Pal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ouch, I think so. My site was new and it started to get 100 UV/day. I lunched it 29 decemeber 2008. I think I worked on its SEO a lot! today I got nothing. but I predict it to get back on the track when all of its pages are indexed. I hope it come back where it supposed to be in SEs.
    P.S: I know what to do next time.

Pal, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  11. PeoplesArcade

PeoplesArcade Banned

Best Answers:
    AND IM BACK!

Managed to get a new site up and running ( http://www.purelytopmovies.com ). Not sure how im gonna monetize yet. I dont want to stick cpalead on there because that pretty much ensures you get swatted from all the movie link directorys.

Its actually my girlfriends site but i help her out a bit with it. But its sooooo good having her collect up embeds etc :p

The script im running is a custom one actually. Kinda similar to simple watch script i guess. May start selling it soon.

PeoplesArcade, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  12. Kencake

Best Answers:
    Pal, that's happened to me quite a few times. You gotta take it easy with the link building or else you won't even find your site anywhere in the search engines.

Kencake, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  13. kerozin24

kerozin24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think I have the best monetizing method for this kind of sites! It has potential to make good amount of money likre CPAlead but without the forcing getaway ! They have an affiliate program on CJ,but they don`t accept anyone! If anyone interested to sign up Pm me!

kerozin24, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  14. Kencake

Best Answers:
    I'm interested but what exactly is this affiliate program?

Kencake, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  15. Nooz2

Nooz2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm interested too !
    Thanks

Nooz2, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  16. "rl2043

"rl2043 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm interested too !

"rl2043, Jan 4, 2009 IP
  17. Kencake

Best Answers:
    Has anyone had any success with clickbank? I used to promote some of those watch movies/tv on your computer type deals from clickbank and when i first started i made quite a bit. Then for some random reason, no sales whatsoever. Could it be zango is stealing my affiliate sales? Has anyone had long running success with these clickbank sales on your tv/movie streaming site?

Kencake, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  18. !Unreal

Best Answers:
    Ive been told that clickbank works well with TV/Movie sites but I cant say from any personal experiance.

!Unreal, Jan 7, 2009 IP
  19. ProfessionalDude

ProfessionalDude Peon

Best Answers:
    If your site get 5k+ unique traffic contact me, i will give you a great way to monetrize your site.
    thanks.

ProfessionalDude, Jan 11, 2009 IP
  20. !Unreal

Best Answers:
    5k monthly or daily? And can I have more info please :)

!Unreal, Jan 12, 2009 IP