1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

TV/Movie Site Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by !Unreal, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Larenuf

Larenuf Peon

Best Answers:
    I had to remove CPA lead in order to link to movie sites. Shame really...I was earning quite alot.

Larenuf, Jan 31, 2010 IP
  2. ColorWP.com

ColorWP.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, if you want to stay safe. YouTube will give out your private information if requested by a copyright holder, so they are no good for uploading illegal stuff (e.g. TV shows or movies). Other hosts give you more protection, since they are based on countries that don't have such strict laws on using copyrighted material.

However, all video hosting sites will comply with DMCA takedown requests, no matter where they are located, so if you want to be extra sure that your videos stay online - you have to host them yourself. Just make sure that you are extra anonymous, so you can't be sued, or you are extra rich so you can pay the lawsuit bills in case you are sued.

Regards!

ColorWP.com, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  3. ColorWP.com

Best Answers:
    In my experience, without CPAlead or other gateway systems (like Zango) and using regular banner or popup advertising - the traffic just doesn't convert that well and it doesn't cover it's costs (or the profit is very low). So I prefer to be satisfied by the little traffic that comes from search engines after I do some SEO work on my site, than the massive non-profittable traffic that comes from Sidereel, Yidio or similar.

However, the TV directory traffic can be used to establish regular users, like so:
    1. You have 1 site with regular advertising (without CPAlead, Zango or similar) - we call the site First. You also have another site with CPAlead, Zango or other - we call it Second.
    2. You promote First on TV directories like Sidereel, TVduck as hell. Then around the videos you try to lure the visitor to Second in every possible way (big eye-catching text or banners).
    3.This way a percentage of the massive traffic, coming from Sidereel, TVduck will become regular visitors of Second. That's free visitors.

The second (recommended) way of getting traffic is, like I said before, hard-work SEO. It converts better, is more consistent, but takes months to acquire.

ColorWP.com, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  4. ColorWP.com

Best Answers:
    Can anybody recommend me a good Wordpress theme (preferrably free) for an individual TV show site (not a general TV show site, but just 1 niche show).

It should be custom header image ready (and not with text orientated header), season listing in the sidebar (or horizontally below the header, if the theme is made this way).

Examples:
    http://www.lost-stream.com
    http://watchloststreaming.com (not quite, because it's unnecessarily complicated)
    http://watchhowimetyourmother.com (again, so complicated)
    http://watch-how-i-met-your-mother-online.com (could be customized, could work).

ColorWP.com, Feb 7, 2010 IP
  5. chaoscript

chaoscript Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where I can advertise my watch online site?

Cheers.

chaoscript, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  6. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    you could by advertisement or try to get featured on some blog. The best way to promot movie sites is word of mouth as far as I can tell

Sensei.Design, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  7. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your movies are working and added new regularly than it is really easy... there is many movie directories and forums where you can submit your site.

webmoney, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  8. chaoscript

chaoscript Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can give me some directories?
    And the site related to tv show watch online.

Cheers.

chaoscript, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  9. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    webmoney, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  10. ColorWP.com

Best Answers:
    How do I start a TV show directory like TvDuck or similar (but in smaller scale) where users can submit links and I can add shows along with an image and info? Is there any available script for the purpose or something else that can be used for that (e.g. how the blogging system Wordpress can be used for a TV show site)?

ColorWP.com, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  11. mrk789

mrk789 Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like a good thread

mrk789, Feb 10, 2010 IP
  12. jammo

jammo Active Member

Best Answers:

yep this is what im now after

jammo, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  13. HuggyStudios

HuggyStudios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use to into all the movie sites alot a couple of year ago and had alot of success, my current site www.thehosters.co.uk is something that I put together still needs alot more work on it tho. If you know some secrets like I do, well they use to work anyway, you can get some serious traffic on those sites.

HuggyStudios, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  14. pinkcola

pinkcola Peon

Best Answers:
    the way people are building tv show and movies site its really getting tougher day by day

pinkcola, Feb 12, 2010 IP
  15. ColorWP.com

Best Answers:
    Not if you stay under the radar. :rolleyes:

ColorWP.com, Feb 13, 2010 IP
  16. hepnor

hepnor Peon

Best Answers:
    I have recently found a good method to drive good amount of traffic to Movies/TV sites.

hepnor, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  17. surfville

surfville Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone have a zml succes? or even have invitation code? i want to them them out.

surfville, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  18. joedwi1

joedwi1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just curios can i put adsense and cpalead in the same site?? is it not again adsense tos?

joedwi1, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  19. ColorWP.com

Best Answers:
    I think it is not allowed by AdSense, because from what I can recall from memory - "other scripts should not interfere or alter the appearance of AdSense ad units". CPALEAD interferes with the whole page, so I'm pretty sure AdSense won't be happy about them.

Also, most of the sites using CPALEAD are TV show sites, which in turn means they contain copyrighted content and if so - your AdSense account is one user report away from being banned for life. Personally - I wouldn't risk it.

ColorWP.com, Feb 18, 2010 IP
  20. jammo

jammo Active Member

Best Answers:
    does anyone know why i can't get links added to sidereel its funny i could add once back & now for one of my sites when i fill in form to add it says invalid link ? Yet when i add links from another site it seems to allow.

jammo, Feb 22, 2010 IP