1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

TV/Movie Site Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by !Unreal, Nov 11, 2008.

1. rukn2002

rukn2002 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think TV advertising would be more cost effective. coz using TV it is possible to reach a lot of people and per person advertising cost will be much less. another thing is, advertising should be repeated. The reason is people tend to forget. if the advertisement is in front of eyes, it will make you help to build brand image. Is is said "out of sight out of mind".

hope it will help you.

rukn2002, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  2. morgano

morgano Active Member

Best Answers:
    morgano, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  3. Mr Baker

Mr Baker Peon

Best Answers:
    Mr Baker, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  4. tripad

tripad Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a lawyer's advice and shut down the website. OR atleast change the domain name. and yes do reply

tripad, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  5. believer1984

believer1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    Simple !

Have a sign up saying we have moved or divert traffic for few days to another domain with no tradermark names.

Then Get rid of that domain with registered trademark in it. Peace.

But do communicate with them.

believer1984, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  6. morgano

morgano Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I did some wizardry with PHP to redirect all the major reffering site traffic to our new site. I also made sure to refer all spiders and search engine bots to a 301 perm redirection notification. I also updated google webmaster tools with an address change. I threw up a simple SEO page which should keep the site in google and that traffic will redirect. I also added a banner to make some money off any traffic that doesnt get the redirect.

Messaged Fox saying i'd complied but didnt get a reply.

morgano, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  7. believer1984

believer1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    Also make sure to add a discalimer !

1 of the reasons you went down was not just becuase you had a tm name in a domain but also prob you failed to have a discalimer saying you dont host/upload videos etc ???

sharaaz

believer1984, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  8. morgano

morgano Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's true we didn't have a Terms and Conditions or a Disclaimer. We have both now. I plan to add a DMCA too although we don't host any videos so it shouldn't matter.

Managed to keep about 80% of our unique visitors the 2k or so that visit directly every day are the ones that we're missing.

morgano, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  9. AndreasB

AndreasB Peon

Best Answers:
    How shoulda ToS for a "watch TV/Movies Online" look?

AndreasB, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  10. believer1984

believer1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your good to go now just dont host or upload !

Always communicate with copyright owners.

Peace.:)

believer1984, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  11. morgano

morgano Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just thought I'd mention that we were using Morning Falls and whilst pop under CPM is good (0.50 cpm or so) banner CPM was extremely low (0.2-0.8cpm average) and with over 1000 clicks per day you don't get paid for clicks at all (CPM only). So we've switched to Adbrite despite not hearing many great stories of good CPM. Were actually getting a decent rate (0.40 cpm for a 160x600 banner and near 0.20 cpm for 468x60 banners).

However yesterday we did achieve 1.20 cpm for UK traffic via Morning Falls (the first time its gone over 0.20 cpm for a few months).

Consider our traffic is primarily UK/US/CA

Just thought I'd let you know if your struggling for CPM.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
    morgano, Nov 19, 2009 IP
  12. morgano

morgano Active Member

Best Answers:
  13. Pal

Pal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks morgano for that.

I've started a tv show website which I tend to add all famous tv shows on it. unfortunately I see a little to no traffic while 43 out of 49 url which has been submitted to google webmaster has been indexed. Am I doing something wrong friends? please help me out, I need to make this work.

Pal, Nov 20, 2009 IP
  14. Mr Baker

Mr Baker Peon

Best Answers:
    I wanted to post here I am launching a tv links contest. We are competition of sidereel and tv duck but run by a dp member (me) so you will have no issue getting your links approved. Any webmaster that has a tv/movie site can feel free to join and get paid to submit your links. I am open to any suggestions you have for the site too, pm me here :).

Mr Baker, Nov 21, 2009 IP
  15. messa

messa Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter what you have in your Disclaimer or TOS.

If you are doing something illegal or contributing to illegal activities then you will be held responsible for that.

It used to be that if you didn't host the content you weren't in the wrong directly and could usually get out of it. Over the last year or so things have changed.
    They have now won several cases against sites for contributing to illegal activities. Even Google is being bullied into removing search results for sites that contribute to copyright infringment.

The only time a disclaimer or TOS really comes into play is when the service/site is not necessarily meant to be used for illegal activities but could be by some users. (Like proxy sites or torrent search engines to name a few)

messa, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  16. morgano

morgano Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've actually realised a sort of loop hole. Currently by hosting a site and distributing links to videos (even if the video is not hosted by your site) you're liable for encouraging people to do the illegal activity. However if you run a public site and allow users to put content on your site you cant be held directly liable at all. All you can receive is take down notices you will never be in direct violation of copyright as you cannot be liable for content created to your site by users.

Check sidereel and their TOS for an example... of course you can just look at bigger sites like youtube and facebook for a legal TOS. Both of which are not liable for content uploaded or created.

Of course you still have to take notice of complaints and remove infringing content but you'll never be in direct violation of copyright.

morgano, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  17. morgano

morgano Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cool will sign up :)

morgano, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  18. messa

messa Peon

Best Answers:
    If you give users a form to "add links for this movie here" it's the same thing as posting them yourself.
    If they are posted under "Comments" then maybe.

But if there is anything that shows your main purpose is to link to copyright protected material then you're done.
    You're also done if a copyright holder really wants to push it no matter what you're doing.

messa, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  19. Pal

Pal Active Member

Best Answers:
    wish someone could answer me.

Pal, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  20. Mr Baker

Mr Baker Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, working on fixing the bugs still on my site.

That is true if you are adding all the content yourself, if users are adding it that is different and you can make different terms. Look at Megavideos terms for example. TV-Links.cc set a precedent for the industry didn't they?

Mr Baker, Nov 22, 2009 IP