1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

TV/Movie Site Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by !Unreal, Nov 11, 2008.

1. aquaaura

aquaaura Peon

Best Answers:
    I really like this thread, but I am still unclear how to get as much traffic as some people are getting. My site is http://gossipgirlfullepisode.com/ and right now I am getting about 10 UV/day. Eventually I want to get to 1,000 UV/day. I have just started posting in some show link databases.

I've been hearing that building SERP will just get your domain banned once you get popular. I'm using an Instant Dollarz gateway that's making me about $1.5/day so far. All advice is appreciated.

aquaaura, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  2. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can anyone give me the basic pros and cons of using instantdollarz vs cpalead?

When I was first looking to monetize my movie site, I eliminated Zango and Graboid from my short list because I didn't want my visitors to have to install anything to see my content, and I'd heard from several sources that Graboid has been trying to pay less and less over time to its affiliates.

I didn't want to use one of of those "pennies per click" programs because you need buttloads of traffic just to break even. My experience using ppc on other sites has been quite underwhelming.

That left the cpa route to travel. I read on various forums, including this thread, of people saying that cpa annoys visitors and they never return, so I was hesitant to use it at first. However, I went with cpalead and I'm VERY glad I did, as its currently one of my biggest earners online and has shot past almost everything else I do.

I think the key is simply to not make it annoying. The cpalead surveys are fun and interesting, and I'm not saying that because I promote them. I'm actually trying to be objective here.

There is currently a survey about Afghanistan that is doing very well, because it's thought provoking and people seem to want to give their opinion. Same with answering questions like "what is your favorite game show or tv show?". People WANT to answer these surveys!

Far from losing visits, my site has been gaining traffic steadily every day and my return visits is higher than its ever been. People are even joining the site as members, even though they dont have to at all to see the content, but they WANT to.

So, this brings me to Instantdollarz vs Cpalead. They both use a gateway, but I picked Cpalead because their surveys looked interesting and something that surfers wouldn't mind filling out. Plus they also give you a choice of several questions. All the Instantdollarz ones I've seen were just one question and a very bland one word like "freeloto". Not even in the form of a question like "Would you like to play a Free lotto game?".

HOWEVER, and this is the big thing for me, I have noticed that people claiming earnings from Instantdollarz seem to be making MORE money for the equivalent amount of visitors. I've noticed this a few times, and was a bit confused as to how that is possible. Like the person who posted above (aquaaura) is making $1.5 a day from only 10 UV's. How is that possible??

Does Instantdollarz actually pay out more, or is it that they make a visitor fill out more than one survey to get the content? What's the scoop?

asmodeus, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  3. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mine gets 1-2k a day and I'm making $40-160 a day with CPALead.com

scottlpool2003, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  4. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, that seems to be about the average with CPALead with that amount of traffic, but I'd like to know why Instantdollarz is earning MORE with the same amount of UV's. Anyone have any theories??

asmodeus, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  5. aquaaura

aquaaura Peon

Best Answers:
    Asmodeus- I have very targeted traffic from people who are desperate to watch these shows online.

I really like Adbrite. Everyone is saying that PPC publishing isn't making them much money, but for me, it's very good. I use full page ads, in text ads, and banners. The inline ads make me the most money. One problem I'm having is that InstantDollarz doesn't always work. The content doesnt always unlock. I think I am losing money because of that, so it's kind of turning me away from them. I'm going to try CPAlead if I can get accepted.

Also, InstantDollarz isn't as attractive when you look at the design compared to CPAlead.
    Total Adbrite earnings today- $2.25
    Total Instant Dollarz earnings today- $7.70 I'm excited :)

aquaaura, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  6. scottlpool2003

Best Answers:
    In my experience with CPALead and a few people who I speak with who have movie sites, CPALead pays well for users with little traffic such as mine with the 1-2k/day but websites with higher traffic such as 10-20k/day it pays less. I don't think this will last very long so enjoy it while we can. I've never heared of Instant Dollarz so I'll look into it, maybe make a database and put both the InstantDollarz and CPALead codes and and pull them from random and see how they compare. I've made $9.81 so far with CPALead, but I find that the prices in the day are rather deceiving and that it's best to check in the morning. $89.76 I made yesterday so I'm pretty happy with that.

scottlpool2003, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  7. moira

moira Peon

Best Answers:
    tvlinksdb and Tvduck are not capable of sending you great traffic like sidereel..

Sidereel is better for movie sites

moira, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  8. John31

John31 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

What ad company do to you recommend me for a 5 000 UV/day movie website?

thanks

John31, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  9. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you that they're a great way to monetize smaller amounts of traffic. Please let me know your conclusions upon comparing them with Instantdollarz. I'm very interested in knowing your conclusions about them from the point of view of someone using both on the same site traffic.

asmodeus, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  10. scottlpool2003

Best Answers:
    I'll run this test tomorrow and start a new thread on it. I'll be sure to post in this thread.

Scott.

scottlpool2003, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  11. TromS

TromS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How are you guys getting traffic? Is it all from the serps, or are you using sidereel/yahoo answers etc?

TromS, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  12. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All of the above.

asmodeus, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  13. Stephe

Stephe Active Member

Best Answers:
    On my sites with CPAlead on them - mainly serps, referrals from other sites, etc. On my sites without CPAlead - serps, sidereel, and other tv episode referral sites.

Stephe, Jul 2, 2009 IP
  14. TromS

TromS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm doing about $50/day with perfect tracking right now.. And my only source of traffic is from serps. But I think that's about as big as its gonna get with what I'm doing right now. So I need more traffic sources.. I thought sidereel was "dead" for our type of sites? What other tvshows-websites do you recommend?

TromS, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  15. scottlpool2003

Best Answers:
    Sidereel isn't dead as such... It brings a hell of a lot of traffic. Accounts are banned very quickly that's the problem. Other than Sidereel/Google/Yahoo Answers Mininova can drive 5k uniques a day easily. Accounts are banned less frequently than Sidereel but they also ban your IP address. Simply running through a proxy will solve this problem.

scottlpool2003, Jul 3, 2009 IP
    TromS likes this.
  16. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. I'm still getting some good sidereel traffic, but it's not my main source. However, I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

asmodeus, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  17. scottlpool2003

Best Answers:
    Yeah, one of the problems with sidereel though is that the traffic isn't organic. I don't use it any more tbh I'm focusing on organic serps traffic for now and boosting with Yahoo answers.

scottlpool2003, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  18. TheGrecianHero

TheGrecianHero Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IDZ pays out more for surveys, simple as that. They usually have a few surveys for me that pay out around $1.50, that I get plenty of conversions on. That's why I make more with them than CPALead. I've tried them both over a period of 6 months or so.

TheGrecianHero, Jul 3, 2009 IP
  19. brand0n

brand0n Peon

Best Answers:
    If anyone wants an invite to the ZML.com affiliate program let me know. This is the same affiliate program that watch-movies-links.net uses.

You can earn 30% commission from every sale. Customers are charged monthly so earnings can last for years just from 1 customer.

PM me and I will send you an invite code. You will need it to sign up.

brand0n, Jul 4, 2009 IP
  20. aquaaura

aquaaura Peon

Best Answers:
    How are you getting traffic from Mininova? Are you just commenting? I want to start getting traffic from them.

aquaaura, Jul 4, 2009 IP