1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[TUTORIAL] How To Get 1 Cent Per Click For Facebook Ads

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by werliyu, Sep 19, 2013.

If you are using Facebook ads to market/promote your product or anything, here is a tutorial how you can save more money for your advertising. Instead of paying $0.15-$0.50 per click, you may get only $0.01 per click.

Tutorial
    1. If you are targeting specific location for your ads, you can add your location in your ads itself. This will somehow reduce the unneccessary clicks.
    2. Select your location(lets say USA, UK, Australia and etc.).
    3. Age range - 13 to max
    4. Select gender as both.
    5. Coming to Campaign, Pricing and Schedule section make sure "Run my Campaign Starting Today" is selected.
    6. Campaign budget: Set it for $5/day
    7. Optimization: Select "Optimize for clicks" and "manually bid for clicks"
    8. Go back to the location and play a little around by adding and removing the locations. If you are promoting any affiliate or CPA offers USA, UK, Australia, are going to be your targeting locations but just to bring you CPC down add some highly populated locations. like Peru, India, Mexico, Indonesia, argentina, sri lanka (This will drastically lower your CPC's). Oce you are happy with CPC try removing the locations you just added and you are done.
    9. Lets hope that there is no clicks from location that you add later. You don't have to worry because, by putting location into your ads itself, this reduce this risk.

werliyu, Sep 19, 2013 IP
    Helge Sverre likes this.
  2. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Interesting, I will play around with this.
    Thanks for the share ^_^

Helge Sverre, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  3. werliyu

werliyu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you should try it. It works perfectly for me.

werliyu, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  4. Didoz

Didoz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I have tried it, but once you remove the new locations you added, the CPC will be higher again.

Didoz, Nov 9, 2013 IP
  5. whynotme

whynotme Peon

Best Answers:
    Gonna give it a shot, thanks for the tip. Some of the prices on FB are crazy

whynotme, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  6. blackjack

blackjack Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Very nice strategy, I was looking for some info to start investing on FB ads and this is great. Thanks a lot for sharing with us.

BTW I see many people selling ebooks on 1cent clicks on FB ads, are they using this very same method?

blackjack, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  7. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Surely this is just false profits? Your CPC may be lower but you're also paying for traffic from useless locations (if you're pushing offers that are location based). Furthermore, the average CPC will be lower but the clicks coming from UK/US etc will still be just as high as they were in the first place. You're simply making your average click appear lower because you're adding in clicks from locations that are of no use to you. It's a complete false economy, not useful at all.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  8. brianl67

brianl67 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's very cool, thanks. Will give it a go

brianl67, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  9. phattrance

phattrance Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tried this but it didnt work that well!

phattrance, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  10. sginteractive

sginteractive Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow amazing result for UK, USA, Australia
    17 2015 June Total clicks : 22
    27 2015 June Total Clicks : 159
    Amazing result , It's my experience
    Contact me For facebook Ads Manager

Example Screen Shot
    http://www.josephpetroski.net/2015/07/how-to-get-low-cpc-facebook-ads-1-cent.html

sginteractive, Jul 1, 2015 IP
  11. CrazySmitty

CrazySmitty Member

Best Answers:
    WebDev does have a point. It might be worth testing but the real test is the end result - not just clicks but profits.

Also, when advertising on FB, I would NEVER start the age choice so young. 25 is the youngest I'll go when looking for clicks from people who buy. Also, FB lets you select from all kinds of things when choosing your target audience. People's buying patterns, job titles, income levels, etc.

I've recently discovered that the single best way to make profits from FB advertising is to have a high ticket item (something that will generate you a big commission) and target people with big money who are active online buyers. There are ways to do this. And it beats selling one dollar ebooks hands down.

CrazySmitty, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  12. devjeetsingh

devjeetsingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can not target your ads to 13 years old Facebook users. Minimum age requirement is 18 years.

Once you ad highly populated area like India, Pakistan etc and you set manual bidding, your average CPC will go down because majority of the traffic will be coming from these countries but once you remove these countries from ad set, your ad set will go to "Under Review" mode for one more time as you have made some changes and then you will see that you are not getting enough impressions as you are not bidding enough to compete with other competitors in US/Australian market so you will have to increase the bid. In that case, your CPC will go higher.

BTW just for your consideration, 1 cent targeted "Cost Per Website Click" is not possible even in India or Peru. They charges higher than that and "Relevancy Score" is an important factor now. Gone those days when such tricks was working.

devjeetsingh, Sep 28, 2015 IP