1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Turnkey Packages?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by geoman, Jan 19, 2005.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here thinks this might be a good idea. I thought of offering the following as an all-inclusive package:

(1) Custom built flash website
    (2) Custom made digital product
    (3) Fully automated payment and download
    (4) Completely set up and ready to promote
    (5) Top-Level Domain
    (6) One year of hosting
    (7) One set price

I have all of the necessary experience and skill to crank these all-in-one packages out pretty quickly. By "digital product" I'm referring to, say, an ebook or how-to report, anything of real value that could be immediately downloaded after successful payment. So that this would be easier to do on a fairly large scale, I could ask the client (via an online form) a few questions about their interests, hobbies, etc. and use that info to determine the best type of product and site design. This would insure that the client would at least be somewhat interested in the content of the product they would be promoting, and that they would be able to successfully do any necessary follow-up for their customers. Although this isn't a perfected plan by a long shot, I think it's worth delving into further. I'm *not* talking about generic template sites, but 100% unique flash sites, and also 100% unique digital products to go along with them. This would be a fully functioning site, with the product to sell included.

I'm also looking for places to sell custom-designed flash intros and flash site templates, these are quite easy for me and I'm sure there must be someone online that buys these outright. The ideal thing for me would be to find a webhosting firm that needs someone to design these for their clients, I'm open to different proposals. I'm working now on a portfolio-type site to send prospective customers for examples of my work.

I haven't yet arrived at a price for the complete package described above, (I'm still in the planning stages with this)... but thought about maybe the $595USD-$795USD range? This would be a great value for the client, as they would have a full-fledged online business, ready to go, and the only worry they would have is promoting their site. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This place looks great! (first time poster).

geoman, Jan 19, 2005 IP
  2. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem I see immediately is if you build the entire site in Flash it will have a very difficult time ever getting well placed in the Search Engine Results Pages.

In my opinion if you get rid of the Flash in your concept it might be a viable idea.

compar, Jan 19, 2005 IP
  3. geoman

geoman Peon

Best Answers:
    Compar, you're absolutely right about that. I was thinking of the appeal to the client too much, and should have been thinking about the search engine friendliness more. Thanks for the help, I think this thing will be a go with a more traditional HTML based site. I plan to hang around this forum awhile!

geoman, Jan 21, 2005 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    BTW Welcome to the forum. I'm surprised there hasn't been more response to your topic, but generally people are friendly here and there are some good discussions.

compar, Jan 21, 2005 IP
  5. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :) definitely go with a dynamic site over flash... but good idea i have had good luck selling customized turnkey solutions bundled with hosting and support to the uk market.

Juls, Feb 11, 2005 IP