1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Turning an xls file into a PHP quiz - help required

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Dio, May 10, 2005.

Firstly, I'm not a coder or a programmer by any stretch of the imagination. I was hoping someone here could maybe suggest a method of doing the following. I'm guessing PHP is the way to do it, but if there's an easier solution such as a simple form, then please suggest that also.

Anyway, what I want to do is turn the two 'test yourself' .xls (Excel) files on this page: http://chavmum.co.uk/chav_or_posh.shtml into actual web pages that returns the percentage result and a logo for them to add to their site (like Quizilla.com) when taken.

Does anyone know if there are any easy off-the shelf methods for doing this that a non-tech like me could use, or know if it possible to do?

Dio, May 10, 2005 IP
  2. marktse

marktse Peon

Best Answers:
    You first use html form to let users submit test data,
    then write a php script to process the data and
    finally output results to html.

You need to know html and php for this task.

marktse, May 10, 2005 IP
  3. joomlatizer

joomlatizer Peon

Best Answers:
    I am looking at a similar issues. Does anyone has an example or script to build on?

joomlatizer, Sep 14, 2007 IP
  4. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blimey, there's a thread from the past... :)

In the end I went with a script that's no longer available, and ended up hacking it around to get it to output how I wanted. Learnt a little PHP along the way. :)

Not sure whats out there now though, I still use the same thing whenever I do a quiz

Dio, Sep 15, 2007 IP
  5. joomlatizer

joomlatizer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the follow-up.
    I was in such a hurry that I diddnt even noticed the 2005 on original post date.

I will keep looking, if I get to have the time o write one, I will pass it along.

joomlatizer, Sep 16, 2007 IP