1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Turn Off Safe Browsing To Stop Google From Sniffing In Your Personal Stuff

Discussion in 'Google' started by impros, Dec 30, 2014.

I was reading a story from John Limbocker who gave this shocking news that no matter what browser you use, Google still knows that what are you up to and they can track your movements.
    To stop Google from getting into your personal stuff, turn off your Safe Browsing as it will stop google from crawling in the stuff that you want to hide from google.
    You can read the full story here.

http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/tutorials/new-google-ranking-factors-2015/

impros, Dec 30, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro and Smyrl like this.
  2. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That was seriously shocking!! :O Thanks for the alert.:)

I guess safe browsing SIMPLY disables the ability to record your history in your browser or system. It HASN'T got ANYTHING to do with other people not being able to track the pages you visit. E.g., your ISP can still know what you're browsing or if your computer is a part of a network, the network's firewall can keep a log of the sites you've surfed.
    This is the warning I get before activating the 'Private Browsing' feature in Mozilla Firefox -
    Even their help page has the same warning -
    (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/private-browsing-browse-web-without-saving-info)
    Private Browsing or whatever the corresponding feature's called in other browsers is clearly “NOT” a foolproof solution to protect your anonymity.

But I'm still wondering ….
    (http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/tutorials/new-google-ranking-factors-2015/)
    How is it even possible? >:O What exactly is Google doing to track your history without these tools? :confused:

Content Maestro, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  3. impros

impros Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The concept of safe browsing is totally different from what you perceive. Opening a Private window does not turn off safe browsing. Safe browsing is actually a feature introduced by Google to track site that contain malware or phishing. So it lets you know that the particular site you are trying to access has malware..So google uses this safe browsing thing to track your actions also. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Safe_Browsing ;)

impros, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  4. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Sorry I confused 'Private Browsing' feature in a browser with Google's safe browsing. :oops: Thanks though.:)

Content Maestro, Dec 30, 2014 IP
  5. impros

impros Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No worries :D happy new year

impros, Dec 31, 2014 IP
  6. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Wish you the same …. though this is gonna kinda haunt me in the next year. :) ;)

Content Maestro, Dec 31, 2014 IP
  7. Droid82

Droid82 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    woah! thanks for this!!! good thing I'm not using safe browsing. I won't feel safe if I use safe browsing now.. :D

Droid82, Jan 12, 2015 IP
  8. Louise Findley

Louise Findley Peon

Best Answers:
    This is kinda scary i thought there were supposed to be privacy laws to protect us why does google track everything? And what do they do with our history? Thank you for the warning

Louise Findley, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  9. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is obvious, because every giant online wants to have a bite of all the things happens in this world. I am lucky that google doesnot work here at all, however our local search engines, must be also doing the same. The ultimate watch dogs !! I have also heard that the facebook messenger on the phone does the same thing and even gets your contact information and the messages you receive or send to others, which is really dangerous.

China_girl, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  10. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    I've started preferring the local and smaller searches more than Google nowadays. The results are way more relevant and precise many times and dunno why, but I feel safer with them while browsing. I guess that may be because they don't want a 'bite' of your privacy - at least till they don't become a giant like Google.

Content Maestro, Feb 14, 2015 IP