1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Turkey kills Kurdish girl, wounds family

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Darpie, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Well, you have to decide if you love your Kurdish brothers or your Turkish nationalism more.

They want to be separate, and to convince them otherwise you are going to have to kill them.

Is nationalism worth that much to you? It is to them.

Would Turkey lose so much, giving up some land for it's Kurdish brothers?

Will.Spencer, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  2. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Or better give them rights, treat them well and they'll stop asking for land.

Helvetii, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  3. Frmkanka

Frmkanka Active Member

Best Answers:
    people are nationalists in turkey, I'm nationalists.

This topic does not interest you.

Frmkanka, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Well then, you're going to have to murder a whole lot of your Kurdish brothers and sisters.

Will.Spencer, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  5. Frmkanka

Frmkanka Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do not take issue with the wrong meaning..
    Anyone living in our country, We are our brothers.. ( Kurdi-Turkish-Bosna-Bulgar)
    We are enemies who do not love our country,and we are not brothers..
    You got to stop this topic, I think.

Frmkanka, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  6. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    And then when you decide they aren't your brothers, you kill them? Do I have that right? That seems to be what is going on.

Or what? Are you going to kill me too?

Will.Spencer, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  7. Frmkanka

Frmkanka Active Member

Best Answers:
    We kill anyone,we live in peace in our country.. You, your purpose, to divide our country and to break down.!
    But you will not do what you want, we'll have a friendly ..Our sisters,brothers and anyone they did not kill us ..
    Also I never said I will kill, and Do you draw a clue about where to ? Also another issue I do not have to send message?
    Thank you, gülüm.

Frmkanka, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  8. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    .... This is the most retarded post ever. This is why DP should give infractions to people who write incomprehensible crap in Fail English. >.<'

"we'll have a friendly" indeed!

alexispetrov, Jul 8, 2010 IP
  9. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess for understanding Kurd's right you have to assume you turkes are a big minority and cover vast area in country and your country name as Kurdistan and you don't allow to study in Turkish language.
    then what would be your feeling, still brotherhood?

I guess, this's normal for who isn't English his/her mother language. Should accept it and try to understand.
    beside I guess English isn't an easy Language.

babak44, Jul 9, 2010 IP
  10. Frmkanka

Frmkanka Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is Turkey,and In Turkish..
    Everyone will comply with these rules.

Frmkanka, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  11. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    did you hear about Iranian Azeri, they are 30 present of Iranian population and cover vast area of our country. they speak Azeri (a kind of Turkish language) but no any school by Azeri language in Iran.
    what's your opinion?

babak44, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  12. Frmkanka

Frmkanka Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pulled in different directions is subject to prolonged and unnecessary ..
    Everyone should live in his brother living in Turkey.
    We are brothers, but those who do wrong to our country, we will be enemies.
    Turkish Kurds are brothers. ;)

Frmkanka, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  13. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why did you wink when you said that?

Helvetii, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  14. LeoSeo

LeoSeo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is your point with this babak? I mean, in the past there has been a number of poor political mistakes made against the Kurdish people in Turkey. But there has been many steps taken since the 90's, recognition of the language, cultural rights(Kurdish music and literature is allowed and performed), education - kurdish language schools are allowed and active, there is even a state tv channel broadcasting in Kurdish. The school education is currently only in Turkish language however there are some planned changes in that area as well which is I believe will be implemented in the next couple of years. These all do not happen over night.

On the other hand, I can't see how you can find similarities with this issue and the Azeri's in Iran. Azeri Turks or Turkey has no claim on Iranian land including the provinces in Northwestern Iran that are officially called west-east Azerbaijan, the Turkey-Iran border is by the way one of the oldest unnatural(shaped by agreements) borders in the world.

As you probably know Kurdish inhabited areas spanning 4 important countries in the region is no coincidence, it has been so planned by the British after WW1 to manipulate and destabilize these countries in the future, this is no secret. We witnessed how it turned out in Iraq, for Iran I suppose you are familiar with the "PJAK", for Turkey it is commonly known. For Syria this issue would almost cause a war between Turkey and Syria in the late 90's when Hafiz Esad was the president.

In Turkey there are Kurdish parlementarians, ministers, at present, and in the past even prime ministers and presidents(İsmet İnönü(2nd) Turgut Özal(8th)) in Turkey. The people of Turkey have long stated that they are perfectly fine with Kurdish people, moreso they aren't seen as a different people, and it is sincere. Some foolish governments especially the one that gained power through military coup in 1980, have made some mistakes but they are being corrected.

The problem that is opposed is that we refuse the Kurds to be manipulated by some powers to destabilize this area, PKK and PJAK are amongst the worlds top terrorist organisations responsible of deaths of over 40,000 people from all ages, including babies, women and elderly. That is the key issue, that we refuse any of those people used for these marxist terror group to carry out proxy wars towards us. It is not a coincidence that PKK was born in Beqaa Valley in the early 80's, in the same year the Armenian terror group ASALA disappeared with training camps in the very same valley.

It is not a coincidence PKK has camps in Greek Cyprus and PKK terror head Ocalan had a Greek Cyprus passport when he was captured. It is not a coincidence most of the weapons PKK use are Russian brands. It is no coincidence most of PKK's funding and logistic support comes from Europe. And it goes on and on. It is not a coincidence those who hate everything about the Middle East, every country and people originate from it, everyone that looks like an arab, iranian, north african or near eastern, has a new found sympathy for a people who has nothing in common whatsoever with them more than other Middle Easterners. I mean under the information I gave you, can you honestly say that those who support Israel over Palestinians, US over Iraqis, pretty much everyone against Iran or Afghanistan, those who turn a blind eye over everything China does, suddenly has sympathy for these people who are in every aspect in a much, much better condition, is not awkward and does not smell a hidden agenda?

So it is a deep issue my friend, please do not confuse apples with oranges, it is not a "they just want their rights :( :(" thing. That has only been vulnerable area that has long been manipulated and exploited. The more those are resolved, the more aggresive they will get, "they" being those who want to manipulate, not the Kurdish community.

And sorry for the so long post.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
    LeoSeo, Jul 11, 2010 IP
  15. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for information and good statements you mentioned in your post.
    don't want to support terrorism in the region and also guess you are right about Kurdish insurgents. beside I have seen a great progress for Turkey Kurds and their right in recent years.
    I think prejudice could feed extremists in any territorial. when we can't accept other people rights hence could be in benefit of terrorists I think.

I guess find you a bit late! two weeks ago I had been in Istanbul with my family. it was our third vacation in Turkey but first time in Istanbul. we enjoyed of great Turkish hospitality as same as past vacations.
    some times Turkish kindness and hospitality is a bit strange for me! unfortunately Turkish people rarely could speak English and who's knows just spoke as need.

babak44, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  16. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've never read anything to back this claim, but I sincerely would like to see whatever you have in the way of evidence.

Do you have any statistics to compare and contrast their numbers to other groups? Again, I'd be interested in seeing credible information on this.

Who are those people? Do they have a name? Again, I'd like to see some evidence.

US is currently at war with Iraq?

Could you clarify who "They" are? Again, didn't see any links, so I am just trying to understand your post. Right now without evidence, it just sounds like conspiracy theories mixed with a few factual coincidences.

Obamanation, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  17. LeoSeo

LeoSeo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Obamanation, nice to see a non-sarcastic post from you.

The part where I say the partition was so planned is an analysis of the post ww1 situation. If the evidence you are asking for is an official statement from the British, noone discloses underlying intentions like that, do they?

I haven't researched English articles on this topic but if you are in fact interested you can have a look at the events and agreements following the commercial oil discovery in the middle east around 1905-1910 including the Sykes-Picot* agreement and it will be clear what I drawn is a 2+2 kind of conclusion.

Some further reading: http://www.kurdishaspect.com/doc061110SK.html

Yes sure.
    http://www.apfn.org/apfn/Terr_Orgs.htm
    http://www.usadojo.com/terrorism/terrorist-groups.htm
    http://bit.ly/cLddJ6

PKK is also one of the 28 U.S. recognized foreign terrorist organizations
    http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/rpt/fto/2001/5258.htm

http://www.cfr.org/publication/14576/inside_the_kurdistan_workers_party_pkk.html#p3

It is clear and I am pretty sure you know what I mean. It's not important to give a name to the people, but if needed, the majority of Westerners could be adequate.

That is irrelevant with what I said.

Some of what I stated is my opinion on the matters, which I am entitled to, I am not making a scientific discovery. Dunno how some people having unfavourable opinion of some other people are proved. But I am sure from the inside you know what I said is true. Anyhow, I prefer exchanging opinions rather than engaging into petty word game fights, that is not directed at you, that is the mainstream debate style in this forum sadly.

LeoSeo, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  18. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. It pains me not to add sarcasm, profanity, or something sexually explicit, but I do my best to fight those urges.

I think it is a monumental leap to go from creating an Britain friendly middle east to purposefully destabilizing Arab nations.

I skim read most of your links. Perhaps you could provide me with the readers digest version that you are basing your opinion on. From what I gathered, I didn't find anything as obvious as 2+2.

I'm not trying to claim the PKK is not a terrorist organization, any more than I would claim Hamas and Hizbollah are not. I was just interested in body counts to get a feel for how active they are. I was under the impression the most active non-Muslim group of people employing "terror" tactics today were Basque separatists in Spain. By incidence count, they appear to be very active, though Al Queda seems to have done quit a bit of damage in only a few attacks.

Now that's just silly. It sounds like xenophobia to me. I suspect most westerners would want nothing more than stability in the Middle east. Stability = cheaper oil prices= better economic conditions. Whats not to want?

I don't think so. Your statement implied the US was at odds with Iraq. While it may be true we invaded the country almost a decade ago, we have poured hundreds of billions of dollars into rebuilding it and are in the process of exiting the country without even a permanent military base. To imply we are somehow in a state of conflict with Iraq is to feed anti-western xenophobia, which really only benefits the maniacs who are creating worldwide instability.

What you said is neither true or untrue. In America, we rely heavily on polls to gather insight into peoples opinions. We poll public opinion on just about everything under the sun. I think you will be hard pressed to find a poll indicating westerners wish those in the middle east ill will.

Obamanation, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  19. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    You mean like Armenians your brothers Turks killed in turn of the century genocide?

:confused:

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jul 12, 2010 IP