1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

tumblr/wordpress question

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nando, Jul 23, 2015.

I have a diet related tumblr and now a wordpress site. when i google my site name, a bunch of tumblr posts are at the top and my site is basically last - is that bad? if so, how can I fix it?

should I tell google to stop indexing my tumblr? and/or totally have it removed from google?

should I manually (using tumblrs redirect) redirect the posts to some related posts on the new site?

I post all my wordpress posts (full post) on tumblr (bc I have large following) - is that considered duplicate content?

all help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

nando, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  2. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    If You made the wordpress blog just some short period ago... then of course your tumblr will be in higher place because it has more content, it's older and more established than your blog/site. Tumblr has high PR itself (PR8 I think... correct me if I'm wrong), your account is much older with more activity then Your site. Over time few links, traffic and quality content will put you in first place (ONLY if you don't have duplicate content from tumblr).

I wouldn't ask google to deindex Your tumblr... I would let it be, it might bring You something, while deindexing won't bring anything by my opinion...

let me know if You have more questions :)

Jacob.k, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  3. nando

nando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "(ONLY if you don't have duplicate content from tumblr)" so I shouldn't post the full post on tumblr? it's considered duplicate content? i thought i read some where that tumblr (and other social media sites) dont count as duplicate content... thanks for the reply!

nando, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  4. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    I meant that You shouldn't copy the past posts you made in tumblr to your blog without changing (I presumed you might have some larger posts on tumble)

Jacob.k, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  5. nando

nando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no, its actually the other way around now or at least thats how i want it to be. I want to use tumblr as a networking/sharing tool since i have a large following but I want the site to get hit more of course...

nando, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  6. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    Then just give Google some time to figure that there's more authority on your blog than in tumblr. You can trigger that with SEO (little bit of social signals, maybe 1 or 2 web 2.0 manual, quality properties, and on site SEO). Additionally do some blog commenting in your niche... I believe it will happen sooner then. Just take it slowly and don't start aggressive link building :D

Hope this helps? :D

Jacob.k, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  7. nando

nando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it does, thank you!

nando, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  8. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am pretty confused why you have 2 different websites... If at least you use UNIQUE and totally different content, then it's OK, but I hope you don't just copy/paste the articles... if this is your case, then a 301 redirection is strongly recommended! If not, just keep posting new content, submit to Social Bookmarking sites, take part in health-related forums, etc. and I am pretty sure you will get a much better ranking soon! :)

patco, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  9. nando

nando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I started the diet blog on tumblr but wordpress is better. I do not want to close or redirect my tumblr because I dont want to lose the followers I have there...

nando, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  10. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Having the same content wouldn't be advisable, you should have put the original source if you want or mention it somewhere in a separate content if it is relevant.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  11. mentat47

mentat47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You might be able to use this to your advantage. You could create a funnel from your tumblr to your site. You could post content and then redirect them to your website.

mentat47, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  12. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should continue both the blogs and keep posting unique & quality content try to get back links from web 2.0 sites and start using link-wheel technique, it will help you much better....

Aryans, Jul 23, 2015 IP