1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trying to set up a magazine theme but having an issue

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by bbrian017, Jan 1, 2009.

I got this theme free online!

I see many people have got it working right but I'm a little noobish when it comes to these themes!

Right now I'm trying to add the images to the featured posts on the index.php

http://www.preerp.com

Do I need to download and install a plugin for these custom field they speak about?

If I read correctly the custom fields allows me to add the image in my posts to that specific area.

Right now when I create a post and try to add a custom field I'm getting the following message.

Here's the link to the custom fields information, http://www.der-prinz.com/support-fo...of-custom-fields-for-branfordmagazine/page-1/

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm going to my parents for dinner and won't be back for a bit so please bare with my late reply.

bbrian017, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  2. shamus

shamus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here's the deal with custom fields for featured images. The information they give you is the specific name for the field you're going to use. So let me try to explain:

1. Go "edit" whichever post you want the image in.
    2. Upload your image to your image gallery (or whereever you prefer to upload it so that you have a URL for it)
    3. On the post that you're editing, scroll down until you see a box called "Custom Fields". (expand it if need be).
    4. You will put featuredarticleimage in the "key" box.
    5. In the "Value" box, you'll put a URL to the image you want for the featured image. (The one you uploaded in step 2).
    6. This is the same thing for any of the custom field codes they give you in the link you provided. Same process.

If this doesn't make any sense to you, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll try to guide you a bit better via IM. Good luck!

shamus, Jan 1, 2009 IP
    bbrian017 likes this.
  3. bbrian017

bbrian017 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks it worked perfect!

bbrian017, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  4. BigBoy32724

BigBoy32724 Peon

Best Answers:
    BigBoy32724, Jan 2, 2009 IP