1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trying to learn the basics for making a magazine ad piece for the company that i work for.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by seedhe, Jan 31, 2019.

If anyone can tell me about a starting point where i could start learning, it'd be great. I'm familiar with adobe photoshop - i know the basics. Also any helpful tips to keep in mind are always welcome.

also, this is not my job at the company, i.e. i did not lie in my resume or anything. but i want to contribute to the company and learn a skill in the process.

If there are any great books i should check, do let me know that too.

seedhe, Jan 31, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Are you stuck on deciding what the message in the ad should be?
    or the copywriting?
    sourcing the images?
    taking new photographs?

or just in putting all of it together?

sarahk, Jan 31, 2019 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    First off understand (research) your target audience. Then keep it short and simple, don't get carried away with too many facts. Use color to make it come alive. Lastly use vibrant and lively images.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 31, 2019 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Be very clear with yourself and with management as to what the messaging is to be for this ad. That will necessarily incorporate all of the issues that @sarahk and @Spoiltdiva have already mentioned. Once you are very clear on the messaging that needs to be put forth, consider what mechanisms (e.g., graphics, pictures, headlines, text, colors, etc.) will best convey the messaging to the target audience.

If you want to get a jumpstart on this project, take a look at how your competitors are advertising as it will provide guidance on the overall messaging that they feel is most important. Don't copy their ads, of course, but think of creative ways to counter their messaging with your own.

jrbiz, Jan 31, 2019 IP