1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trying to Learn How to Generate Blog Traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Noitartst, Dec 13, 2013.

1. riyadabc

riyadabc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually i am not clear about guest posting , because i never found any blog where i can post my blogs , can you suggest me what is guest posting actually and how to do this?

riyadabc, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  2. riyadabc

riyadabc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    are you a hostgator affiliate? I thought about hostgator about my blog. but i never used this service , so i need to know about this. can you tell me details?

riyadabc, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  3. tbtoyl

tbtoyl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress blogs are easy to manage. Plugins do everything you want ;-)

tbtoyl, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  4. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    I've read this post 3 times now but I still genuinely have no idea what it is you are asking.

Get a hosting acct with Hostgator then within hostgator you can install Wordpress with one click - that's a self hosted wordpress blog which you will point your domain at (they will tell you how to do it at Hostgator).

Stuart Walker, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  5. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:

Thanks stuart

I hope your idea will help anyone to make quick traffic to their blog , i need a suggestion about ptc. I know ptc is scam to use , but my idea is i will use ptc to drive to my site. i found many people who work on ptc. So if i work on ptc it will a wastage of time , but now i want to buy traffic from ptc , is this scam also?

Amarkolom, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  6. Noitartst

Noitartst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So, how does a blog network work? That's my question. Does it help me find other blogs? Does it help other blogs find me? That's what I'm wondering.

As to this Blogup, or whatever, it's a plugin, yes? How do I plug it in?

Noitartst, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  7. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    Forget about a blog network - this is of no use to you for now. Just focus on getting your blog self hosted and the content up first.

Stuart Walker, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  8. stevepmd1974

stevepmd1974 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Stuart Walker really great tip.

Thanks
    Again Stevepmd

stevepmd1974, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  9. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Well, as to content (twenty posts, now), I've been regularly making one post a week, even if no one sees it. As for quality, I'm proud of it.

Forgive my frustration, but as to networking, connecting to other bloggers, I'm drowning in a sea of drivel, followed by only two bloggers, and their posts make me wanna gag. There are blogs worth reading, but too many aren't on Wordpress, and that's a problem. I'd love to follow them, but Wordpress only follows other Wordpress blogs.

I've been seeking ways to better navigate the Wordpress part of the blogosphere, however, and am open to suggestions. As of now, it just seems a lot of work to no result.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    Noitartst, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  10. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Found one answer for navigating the blogosphere here: http://mashable.com/2011/04/11/blog-discovery/ don't know if it's a good one, though.

Hm...Technorati I seem to linke, but it's not well updated, is it?

Bad sign, that.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    Noitartst, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  11. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Comment on blogs and forums in your niche and leave a link back to your site

Dionne Taylor, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  12. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    You are missing the point about networking and following other blogs. They don't have to be on WP for you to 'follow' them. Any blog in your niche on any network or blogging platform you should be connecting with.

Follow on Twitter. Add as a frind on FB. Follow on Tumblr. Pin with on Pinterest (or whatever you do on there). Email them. Comment on their blogs. Post on their forums.

Wordpress has no internal audience unlike places like Tumblr, FB, Pinterest, Twitter etc so you are wasting your time trying to just find WP blogs. You want to connect with everyone regardless of where their website is or where they hang out.

If the content on these other blogs is so dreadful in your opinion why don't you write a really epic post for them and send it. I'm sure they'd love some high quality traffic on their blog and in return you'll get a link back to your site which will drive direct traffic. You are tapping into your competitions target audience and legally stealing them!

Stuart Walker, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  13. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    You've got a point, there. I was inundated in my email by comments on this one blog, and found myself obliged to dub it junk. Using Facebook, or something else, to follow him with, may have been better; I'm still figuring out the tools at my disposal.

Here's one blog, I like, here:http://davidbrin.blogspot.com/
    Okay, how do I follow?

Noitartst, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  14. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    Simply visit it regularly and get involved by commenting on the posts, share on social media, talk to the blogger on social media or via email.

If they have an RSS feed you can add it to FeedReader and get updates whenever they update or you can sign up to their email list if they have one.

Network even with blogs you don't personally like if they are big blogs in your niche and have a lot of traffic and followers (look for active commenters after posts, lots of social shares and big social media groups) as they can benefit you.

Stuart Walker, Jan 21, 2014 IP
  15. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    RSS stands for...?

Okay, I can pretty much always email the blogger, if nothin' else.

By the way, what do I call my niche? I'd love to look at good current events commentary blogs, but I can't find them, probably because I don't know what they call themselves in the blogosphere.

Reviwed some super tepid blogs in that forum. Totally different from my focus.

Noitartst, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  16. multiplecloud-zid

multiplecloud-zid Member

Best Answers:
    Connect with other blog on the same topic. For example, you have blog with cooking, try to participate other cooking blog as well as authority site of cooking topic.

multiplecloud-zid, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  17. mbanj

mbanj Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I came here late but just want to add to want everybody have said above.
    1. Start by sharing your blog on related niche facebook groups
    2. post comment to other blog related to your blog.
    3. Google your niche keyword + forum and start posting comments
    (at least 10 comment per day for one week) without posting or sharing your link
    then after one week start posting links to your site but don't go the spammy way.
    4. Join Google + related to your niche and start replying and commenting about your
    link.

I believe if you follow the above 4 steps you will be able to start seeing some traffic
    to your site.

Hope this helps?

mbanj, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  18. ethanleif

ethanleif Member

Best Answers:
    I reviewed the site and in my opinion, the topic is too narrow. If you intend to monetize your site either by ads or affiliate marketing then broaden your topic to include subjects or topic that affects women over-all, if feminism is your main topic.

I doubt there are companies out there that sells something that relates to feminism other than probably a book. You target women in general and write about all issues. You can then write a lot of good content you can share through social media that's worth sharing or retweeting about. Then you can post your affiliate links that sells products for women.

I highly recommend you make your site better first then follow the advise of those who posted before me.

Hope this helps.

ethanleif, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  19. web3k

web3k Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Noiartist,

In addition to my post on getting your WP site set-up at your other thread: Just How Am I Supposed to Get My Self-Hosted Wordpress Blog Up an Running?, I offer the following suggestions for generating traffic.

The question of getting traffic to your site is a 'long-bow' question. I think you need to answer one of the following first;

- Do you want to become an authority on your topic and gain notoriety in the field?
    - Do you want to monetise the site as a passive income?
    - Are you just simply passionate about the topic and feel you'd like to write about it, irrespective of the two points above?

Regardless of the answer to those questions, if you're serious about the site, then good quality content on the topic is a must. That's not to say that what is there already isn't great, but I'm just making a statement you should live by when blogging.

Once you've answered the question above, the path to greatness is a bit clearer. It still doesn't make the process any easier, but at least you'll have a path to follow.

My suggestions on generating content;

- Get active in forums particular to your topic. Set-up your account, add your site's URL to your signature and start posting meaningful contributions to the forum. Build a profile there and perhaps weigh in on discussions, using links to your content (if they allow them) or references to your site. Those who like your posts might make the jump to see what other good stuff is on your site. Start with your Digital Point signature.

- Start writing articles with SEO in mind. That doesn't mean compromising the quality of your posts, however simply using some of the tools I mentioned in your other post to optimise the posts you make on your site and giving them the very best chance of ranking high. Use those tools in conjunction with Google Trends to see is a) any search volumes for your keywords, or if there are any alternative keywords.

- Guest posting? Last year during one of the updates, Google began penalising guest blog posting where it was obvious that it was being used exclusively for SEO purposes. Our advice is to use it to build your profile, generating 'followers' and organic traffic.

- Get on social media and work the crowds. For example, every time you post an article on site, tweet about it and hashtag it so it can at the very least be found in searches. Find others in your field and hook-up/follow them. Build a presence.

- Build your links; As others have mentioned, try and get links from relevant sites. Hook up with other people running blogs on the same topic and swap links in their blog-roll. Even if it adds no SEO value, there's organic traffic right?

I wouldn't bother with affiliate ads at this point, as you won't have enough traffic to make it worth your while. AdSense is a much better bet however, don't plaster ads all over your site. The early Feb update from Google included penalties for having a poor content-to-ad ratio. One 300x200 ad, below the fold or close to it should help you understand if your site can be monetised.

That should get you started and keep you busy for a little :)

cheers,

Andrew

web3k, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  20. wennykev

wennykev Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, There are several ways from which you can generate traffic for your blog.
    1. Write Creative Content: If done right, list posts can pack a tremendous amount of resources into one article. This is the driving power behind this very article.
    2. Proofread Your Articles: Misspelled words and glaring grammatical errors will drive people from returning to or sharing your site.
    3. Add Power to Your Writing: As you revise your articles be sure to add the descriptive adverbs and adjectives that you learned in English class.
    4. Create Exciting Post Titles: Make your headlines so compelling that they seemingly smack your readers in the face with a sudden compulsion to read.
    5. Appeal to Large Audiences: Write material with which millions of people can relate. Stay in your niche, of course, but reach out as far as you can.
    6. Keep it Simple: Don’t be overly complicated with your material. Don’t make your readers work to figure out what you’re trying to convey.
    7. You can also buy traffic from freelancers from SEOclerks at cheap rates.

wennykev, Jul 15, 2014 IP