1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trying to figure out the search intention

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Matthew Sayle, Sep 6, 2015.

I found a keyword related to a website of mine that is so easy to rank, it's almost silly.

It is currently receiving 2,400 searches per month.

I am trying to figure out the best angle to approach it for maximum conversions.

It's a generic term with the word 'essay' at the end.

For example, Red Balloon Essay.

I am trying to figure out if the searcher is looking for information on red balloons or if they are looking for someone to write an essay on red balloons.

How would you decide whether to provide essay-type information or an essay writing service?

Maybe I can somehow do both?

Here is the monthly breakdown, if it helps any:
    [​IMG]

Any extra advice would be greatly appreciated.

Matthew Sayle, Sep 6, 2015 IP
  2. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That stat won't help.
    Need the actual kw to know and I am sure you don't want to post that on a public forum

iamalive, Sep 6, 2015 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If it includes the word essay then I'd say they're looking for a service or a stash of existing essays.
    The next big question is "are they willing to pay?"

sarahk, Sep 6, 2015 IP
  4. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is not necessarily true.
    Example: argumentative essay
    This is not directly implying seeking for a stack of essays nor a buy keyword.

Edit* if it was plural it would have been different but OP mentioned singular form

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    iamalive, Sep 6, 2015 IP
  5. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I will tell you, it's definitely something that would be assigned in school.

Like "World War II Essay" for example.

Matthew Sayle, Sep 6, 2015 IP
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I would first consider the age group that is likely to be searching for the particular topic. Sometimes it might not always be obvious, but you should be able to make a reasonable guess. Intent might also be identifiable by the months that the searches peak for. If it was university age, then they would have some cash to spend and might be willing to pay someone to write, but anything younger then it's fairly worthless in terms of writing a service. However, you can't ignore the potential of parents being willing to spend a few dollars on a product (particularly a physical, rather than virtual, one) if it has genuine educational value (speaking from my own experience, when helping my stepdaughter, I sometimes bookmark and/or explore a site further even after finding what is required). What is also worth considering is the later indirect benefit of attracting this traffic, even if it can't be instantly monetised. It might help to gains some new regular visitors, followers on Social Media and so on.

Ultimately, only you know for sure the answer to your question though as you know the keywords. My feeling is the answer is fairly obvious from them.

ryan_uk, Sep 8, 2015 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  7. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    I know it's kind of hard when you don't know the keyword - I do appreciate all of the advice however.

It was a big help.

I am good at finding keywords to rank, it's developing the right site to monetize that traffic that I am trying to perfect.

Matthew Sayle, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  8. kellz

kellz Member

Best Answers:
    Just put all the keywords into your website. No need to pick and choose which keywords to use when Google allows you to put as many as you want into your site. If you do pick and choose, you might choose wrong. You don't know for sure what the user will type into google, so put all of the keywords you found into your site. Once you have some analytics to show you which keywords are doing good, remove the ones that aren't performing.

kellz, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  9. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    But what I was asking was in what context to "put them on the site."

Matthew Sayle, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  10. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Eeh, is a hard question.
    - First of all, if I am looking for a essay about red balloons its clearly I'm not there for the sake of information ( we have Wikipedia for that ). So I probably need to write fast my essay I totally forgot about.
    In this case I am looking for fast essays that I can quickly improvise. If your website provide that, I'm happy and I will revisit / browse around. If not I will hit the back button asap and keep looking in search results. And that's a bad thing in the eyes of Google as far as I know.

- If I am looking for an essay writing service, I wouldn't mind if there's also the type of information mentioned above. If I am looking to buy it, most probably I have more time ( because if i were looking for fast buy the search query would include the words "paid" or "buy" ) and I am looking around to find something with quality. I am probably not that sure if I should pay for something like this or do it myself. I would be also joyed that you don't harass me with paid offers like most annoying "marketers" do , but you show some free information as well and let me make the decision to purchase. At this point, if I feel like the information is overwhelming and I want to get it without any effort I will 99% buy the service you recommend.

So my answer would be: Do both. It's a Win Win situation.
    And you can do it with an elegant page display. Present it all like : " if you want to struggle and make it yourself here's the info. If you want to buy it and get over with here's the service. " Two ducks one shot.

King Manu, Sep 8, 2015 IP
    Matthew Sayle and sarahk like this.
  11. kellz

kellz Member

Best Answers:
    Type them into your site the same way you say them. The same way you, or a student, would type them into google. All the combinations.

kellz, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  12. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    I originally started this thread in the Google forum but it was moved to 'keywords'.

I got an infraction for starting it in the wrong forum!

Come on DP, that's splitting hairs!

Matthew Sayle, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Not really, your thread is about keywords and users and nothing about Google as a company or a search engine or marketing via Google.

sarahk, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  14. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    I can understand that.

However, did I really deserve a point against me?

I don't really want to get into a long, drawn out argument over it - but it seems the DP moderators play favorites a lot of the times.

Certain members that have been here for a long time can get away with cursing, abusive language, etc. - while others are penalized for the tiniest infractions.

I haven't been here very long, therefore it seems I haven't awarded myself the 'buddy system' yet.

I know you have seen these members I am talking about, they are abusive, cynical bullies - and nothing is ever done about them.

Then, I post a GOOGLE keyword question in Google, instead of keywords - and get a point against me.

That makes me not want to start threads here, for fear asking for help in a forum could cause me to be banned eventually.

Funny thing is, I asked in the help forum 3 days ago the best forum for a certain topic and never received a staff answer. It seems starting a thread in the right forum is such a hop topic for DP, but they don't want to help you find the right one.

15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Nobody can see your points but you and they expire long before most people earn another. I'll take a look at your help thread. Some posters do earn a certain amount of respect and some have more posts than others but there are some whose "reports" I find reliable who surprise me because they're relatively new but feel like they've been around for ages. I'd actually have put you in that camp - I enjoy your replies when I find them. We're all volunteers here and do what we can.

sarahk, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  16. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    I am sure I have only interacted with a small handful of the DP staff, but it's always been positive.

Looking at the other posts in the Google forum, I can see now that I shouldn't have posted there.

I will definitely check out the other threads before posting in the future to find their search intention (no pun intended) :)

sarahk likes this.