1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trying to duplicate a Form field without success

Discussion in 'PHP' started by chrisj, May 26, 2016.

I'm using the phpMotion script and trying to add a 2nd "tag" field to the Upload Video Form. (The 'tag' field is for entering tags or search words, so the video can be found when searching).

<li style="width:240px; text-align:right;"><strong>[var.lang_tags]:</strong></li>

<li style="width:400px; text-align:left;"><input name="tags" type="text" class="upload-video-form-input" value="[var.tags]" size="38" />
    </li>
    PHP:
    I copied and duplicated that code, like so:

<li style="width:240px; text-align:right;"><strong>[var.lang_tags]:</strong></li>
    <li style="width:400px; text-align:left;"><input name="tags" type="text" class="upload-video-form-input" value="[var.tags]" size="38" />
    </li>

<li style="width:240px; text-align:right;"><strong>[var.lang_tags]2:</strong></li>
    </li>
    PHP:

But upon submitting the Form, Tags2: (the duplicated line) was required to proceed, not the original Tag field.

Can you tell me what else I need to do to create a second (required) Tag field?

chrisj, May 26, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You can't have multiple fields with the same name - the last one will be the only one put through. Besides, that html code for the form is utter gibberish :-\

PoPSiCLe, May 26, 2016 IP