1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trying To Come Up With A Website Idea

Discussion in 'General Business' started by FarrisFahad, Jun 4, 2020.

Hello webmasters,

I have an idea for a site that ranks links or ads depending on the points users purchase for the ad itself. I made a site about links but no one seems interested about browsing the site they just want to submit their link.

Is there any way I could make this system work. I want users who pay to appear first in the front and inner pages.

I have come up with a couple of ideas that I would like to bounce off you ...

1. A site like Fiverr but I get to earn from promoted posts instead of sharing the revenue.
    2. An article directory that is based on the most promoted.

How do you think I can use this idea effectively? I know that it could work but I don't know on which type of site.

FarrisFahad, Jun 4, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    that was the ultimate problem with directories, everyone wanted to submit their links but nobody used them to find information.

I wouldn't spend time on either of those ideas. There is so much competition and you'd need a really unique idea to make yours stand out.

One thing I was looking for recently was a twitter post slicer that doesn't need me to log into twitter - I'm happy to copy and paste. Couldn't find any that handled the 280 character limit.

sarahk, Jun 4, 2020 IP
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is what was called a "directory site" some 10 years back.
    People paid heavily for links from these sites because of "page rank" these websites had. Higher your page rank, higher you can charge.
    Page rank 7-8 directories used to sell links for thousand something dollar!
    Then google stopped displaying page rank publically.
    People stopped buying links from these directories.
    Directory "business" died.

Now the question is, why would someone still pay you good money to have a link from your website.
    Only one reason, good content, and high traffic on your site. People clicking link on your site and coming to my site.
    This is the reason why I made this system in PowerPress.
    You write good blog posts, let people submit links to your site (free or paid), and when they receive traffic from your site, they will come to advertise again.

JEET, Jun 5, 2020 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  4. havrincedaniel

havrincedaniel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not just make a link directory, make and article directory where people just add their guest post and the traffic should be organic.
    This way you get good content for organic traffic and customers will want to get their products advertised on your website.

havrincedaniel, Jun 5, 2020 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's a good business model. It's been done to death and a new entrant to the market would need something really special to get any sort of market share.

I very much doubt that article directories get useful traffic. You're there to submit an article or get an article. You're not there to click the links or click on ads.

sarahk, Jun 5, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.