1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trying to add a straight HTML link

Discussion in 'PHP' started by egdcltd, Apr 12, 2005.

Currently, my site, http://scriptsgold.directorygold.com, uses redirects for outgoing links. I wish to add a straight HTML link as well, but I don't know how. Can anyone help please?

egdcltd, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  2. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    Are you wanting the outgoing links for the script's websites to be "straight HTML" and not pointing to the re-direct? if so, depending on how the code is - you might lose the ability to track the outgoing links to the scripts' website

Corey Bryant, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  3. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll probably get a better response by contacting support for the directory software you are using. It's hard to tell you what code to change, when we don't have access to the current code.

nullbit, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  4. egdcltd

egdcltd Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I was wanting to add an additional straight HTML link for SEO benefits as well as the re-directed link. Although this can skew the outgoing link results, from experience with my web directory, if the link is on the details page, most human users (as opposed to spiders) won't even realize it's there. And that's without deliberately hiding it. (which is apparently very bad)

egdcltd, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  5. egdcltd

egdcltd Peon

Best Answers:
    I just wondered if there was something obvious I could do, by using what (I think) is the relevant variable, $sbres_download_url

egdcltd, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  6. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    Post an example value from $sbres_download_url, and I'll try help

nullbit, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  7. egdcltd

egdcltd Peon

Best Answers:
    Oops, it was actually sbres_url. Going by phpMyAdmin, one value is http://www.directorygold.com/more/article. I was wanting to use sbres_title as the link text as well. Both are in the table sbrrs_resources

egdcltd, Apr 12, 2005 IP
  8. egdcltd

egdcltd Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, I managed to do it. Thanks for the help, posting here enabled me to work out how to do it

egdcltd, Apr 13, 2005 IP