1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Truth behind MySpace

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Buga, Sep 12, 2006.

Buga, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  2. meganerd

meganerd Peon

Best Answers:
    That's was a great read!

*posts on my Bulletin*

meganerd, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  3. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. Nice read. I guess that was the plan of Rupert Murdoch when he purchased myspace. Turn it into a gigantic marketing platform that targets young adults.

ablaye, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  4. dalecom

dalecom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Quality read

dalecom, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  5. MediaMagnet

MediaMagnet Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO it's a stupid article.

I gleaned over the thing and it just says how it turned into Spam 2.0. If you want to advertise on Myspace you buy media from Casale Media, you do not post spam bulletins and harvest friends for the purpose of promotional bulletins to buy things.

The site is for social networking, yes it is supported by Ads but those ads are bought through another company, not your myspace spam bulletins.

Please correct me if I am not understanding your "If you use MySpace to Promote your sites you're using it for the reason MySpace was created." statement correctly.

Edit: Look at the comments, seems like 80% of ppl who comment know its just a BS article.

The spam truely does ruin the user experience, atleast it does for me anyway. It is in Myspace's best interest to eliminate it.

MediaMagnet, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  6. Carlito

Carlito Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate MySpace spam too, but the article is true. It was made by one of the biggest spammer companies out there so they could target all of those gullible clickers without breaking the law. Besides, the spam is a small nuisance compared to how badly the speed and user experience of the site itself sucks!

Carlito, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  7. aufordboy

aufordboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nice read - thanks for the post. The article is very true - the site is a big ad space.

aufordboy, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  8. inferno3387

inferno3387 Banned

Best Answers:
    myspace is sooo full of spam that I cant even get away from the massive emails and friend request i get everyday!

inferno3387, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  9. JonathanLyons

JonathanLyons Active Member

Best Answers:
    It would be damn near impossible for MySpace to prevent spam throughout the network and it's only going to get worse. MySpace has become such a huge hub for advertisers. And is very effective if you are looking to target a young audience. I'm not a fan of MySpace as a user, but appreciate it as an advertiser. :)

JonathanLyons, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  10. MediaMagnet

MediaMagnet Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not meant for ppl to freeload Adspace (as in Bulletins/Messages/Comments). They want people to purchase banner space.

MediaMagnet, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  11. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    How trustworthy is that article anyways ?

I gave up on the bulletin and spam thingy on MySpace. I am using MySpace to get updated to the Musicians who have their space there.

eddy2099, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  12. _cartman99

_cartman99 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do believe people pay $35,000 give a few thousand, to be able to make an advertising page. Myspace was created for bands, and with over 1,000,000 and climbing, it has reached its target. Advertising just allows them to pay the bills and keep the site up for bands. The marketing plan might have changed after tom sold it for millions.

_cartman99, Sep 12, 2006 IP