1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trustworthy domain name for a Designer

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Piotr Sierant, Sep 9, 2017.

?

domain name

Poll closed Sep 16, 2017.
  1. psgrfx.com

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. look2.me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. sierant.me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. psdesign.co

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Hello,
    Need help from You Guys, pls :)
    My name is Piotr Sierant, I am a graphic designer from Poland building a website for english speaking clients (want to go international). I cannot decide on my core domain name. Could You tell me, what name looks and sounds best for you? And of course is not wierd, because a lot of people are paranoid about opening websites with some exotic extensions.

1.My surname sierant.com is taken by pretty big polish company (they make windows). I can register sierant.co or sierant.me - but I am afraid people will be directed to sierant.com

2.my initials + grfx... psgrfx.com - it is short and have .com extension and I have it already. Does it look wierd, like 6 random letters? (Even was available, so it is kind of unusual)

3.my initials + design - psdesign.com is taken by another graphic studio but I can have psdesign.co It looks good because .PSD (PSDesign.co) is Photoshop file extension, but same thing with sierant.com - I am afraid people will be directed to psdesign.com

4.Another idea - look2.me

Could You give me your first impressions when you look at:

sierant.me
    sierant.co

psgrfx.com (my favourite now)

psdesign.co
    psdesign.me

look2.me

(or maybe different idea?)
    Generally I am looking for a word that means something for english and polish speaking clinets. Do You know any polish word? For example "na zdrowie" (it means "cheers"). And pls do not say "vodka" [​IMG]

My core message is:
    "Why hire a freelance designer?
    If you want to work and communicate with a real human being this is the way to go."

Big THX for any help!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    Piotr Sierant, Sep 9, 2017 IP
  2. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the sierant.me is the most suitable for you. It's also your name with .me extension. Nowadays I see that many people choose .me for their personal sites. IMO

daica85, Sep 10, 2017 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I think that sierant.me is the best of these. Not only is it your name, but it is a bit of a statement that you are leading edge in your domain name and, hopefully, your designs. It is possible that people type in sierant.com, but they should be able to figure it out pretty quickly.

jrbiz, Sep 11, 2017 IP