1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trump will Hammer SEO sector

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by degreubiwa, Jan 21, 2017.

I think with Trump ending Obamacare today, he is going to definitely kill Digital Marketing sector with throwing H1B1 visa holders out of USA. And with Microsoft next to fire some Tech Support people as they are implementing AI bots in their BPO processes.

degreubiwa, Jan 21, 2017 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Are you telling me that the SEO sector is too stupid to do their scams from other countries? Duh.

mmerlinn, Jan 21, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Retail shops sector seems like bigger scam to me in our country.

degreubiwa, Jan 21, 2017 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure that the SEO market is dependent on American Immigrants to keep going. If people have to relocate I'm sure they'll be able to retain their clients and serve them from their new location.

Do you know how many SEO workers are in America on H1B1?
    Before I get all hot and bothered on their behalf it would be helpful to know how many thousands there are.
    I suspect, however, that H1B1 holders will be gainfully employed in other sectors with employers grateful for their availability and who will fight to keep them.

sarahk, Jan 21, 2017 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Sounds like propaganda to me. Will it ultimately depend on the company you're with? If they want you you'll stay, if they don't... it makes no difference which administration is in the White House.

qwikad.com, Jan 21, 2017 IP
  6. vimps

vimps Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    have faith on your ability,people will automatically follow or search you.Forget rest all.

vimps, Jan 27, 2017 IP
  7. dave070

dave070 Peon

Best Answers:
    The SEO market is global and predominantly freelance. Therefore, a nation state’s increased regulation is unlikely to have much, if any, effect on the sector. Like Bitcoin, decentralization is occurring at a rapid rate. And de-regulation is the way to go.

dave070, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I cannot follow the logic of the original statement. Because Obamacare was being killed that day it therefore follows that the Digital Marketing sector will be killed by H1B1 visas being denied? It is hard to respond but first, let's eliminate Obamacare from this discussion as it has no relevance, whatsoever. Then, let's look at the Digital Marketing sector: last I looked, the digital marketing sector (which is a very broad industry, and not just SEO) exists worldwide. There are digital marketers in Abu Dhabi, Antwerp, Atlanta, and Auckland...and everywhere in between. What the U.S. does with its immigration policies really shouldn't stop anyone from being a digital marketer; in fact, I might argue that digital marketing is an equalizing industry in that anyone anywhere can do it. Those that do it well, no matter their locale, will enjoy the rewards.

jrbiz, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I guess one side effect, not mentioned by the OP, is that there could be limits put on money being sent offshore - much as South Africa did/does - to encourage Americans to use local service providers rather than offshore. After all if you're going to get hammered for buying phyisical goods overseas you should be hammered for buying services overseas.

I have vivid memories from the '70s of South African women talking about how they sold what they could before leaving the country and bought diamonds with whatever cash they had and secreting them on and in their bodies. A friend's daughter worked in Dubai for a few years and on her return put her savings into a diamond to make it easier to get her money out of the country.

sarahk, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You can enforce import taxes on physical goods coming into the country at the Customs checkpoints in ports, airports, etc. It would be really, really hard to collect an import tax on money wired to someone outside of the U.S. for services that are not shipped back to the U.S. I suppose that it can be done via tax audits or something like that, but, again, it would be really hard to implement and enforce.

jrbiz, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  11. sharon Maxwell

sharon Maxwell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The SEO market is worldwide and transcendently independent. Consequently, a country state's expanded direction is probably not going to have much, assuming any, the impact on the part. Like Bitcoin, decentralization is happening at a fast rate. Also, deregulation is the approach.

sharon Maxwell, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  12. David Jones42

David Jones42 Member

Best Answers:
    no trump effect on seo digital marketing business because it not thing which is only can operate from the usa. it is a world wide so not to worry about.

David Jones42, Feb 14, 2017 IP