1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

True or False

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Alfer, Oct 23, 2008.

A keyword phrase that has 15,000+ results for the exact phrase can still be targeted if you write articles for it?

I'm asking because that's a part of this that I don't understand. Are articles THAT helpful for driving traffic and ranking higher in SERPS?

If you guys were making a sales page for "Orange Poodles" and there were 15,000 results for that term, would you make a good sales page, submit five articles about Orange Poodles using different top keywords for each article, and expect to actually make some sales if the product is good and the demand is there?

Thanks for any/all feedback, comments, and suggestions.

Alfer, Oct 23, 2008 IP
  2. magicinthedesert

magicinthedesert Peon

Best Answers:
    15,000 seems like a good number, not too small, but not too high either. But you'll need a lot more than a sales page and 5 ezine articles to get any traffic to your site. There are a lot of ways to build your site. Here's a few tips I wrote about how to get your website noticed.

magicinthedesert, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  3. Loves Learning

Loves Learning Peon

Best Answers:
    You definately need more than 5 articles! I recommend reading a bit more about article marketing.

Loves Learning, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  4. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    15k or 5k,does not matter,u should checkout the authority of sites on first page of google,if most of them have good PR and lot of backlinks and are authority in that niche,then its almost impossible to get your article ranked on front page.

getjimmy, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  5. RankonTop

RankonTop Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with getJimmy,

you have to put in what you want to get out of it.

it helps if its something people need or fall in the category of them conecting with the product.

RankonTop, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  6. cjespers

cjespers Peon

Best Answers:
    Right on getJimmy,
    Yes, if the top sites have good page rank and a lot of backlinks it may be difficult to get to the first page of google.....
    If it is a "cure" for a problem people are desperate to "solve" this CAN be an advantage.
    A bunch of articles and posts in related forums can make a big difference.

cjespers, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  7. GotWebHost

GotWebHost Peon

Best Answers:
    15,000 results is nothing. We rank for phrases with 20 million results and more.

GotWebHost, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  8. avonlee1983

avonlee1983 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A few weeks ago one of my articles made it within the first four results pages of a keyword phrase that brings up over 2 million hits. While this obviously helped bring some targeted traffic to my site, it unfortunately never made it to the very first page. I'll have to work on that when writing future articles.

avonlee1983, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  9. dorn

dorn Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont be afraid of websites with many backlinks. I have a site with only three backlinks and it beats many competitors in SERP although they have 100+ backlinks.

dorn, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  10. savvygrind

savvygrind Peon

Best Answers:
    The more articles, the more back links, the higher your SERP, and the more traffic.

savvygrind, Oct 27, 2008 IP
  11. adigital

adigital Peon

Best Answers:
    15,000 searches a month is enough. However this is not the problem. What are these people looking for? everyone that was searching for "Orange Poodles" had a different thing in his mind. Are there 15,000 people that want to spend money? Some may want to see pictures, some other find more information e.t.c.
    You have to research more on this market and only then when you see that I will be able to make X sales of the X orange poodle product surely you should write articles and target this keyword

adigital, Nov 1, 2008 IP
  12. cashmachine101

cashmachine101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone keyword phrase under 500,000 pages (Phrase Match) in Google can be ranked for easily with good on-page and off-page SEO in a matter of weeks.

Anything higher could take more than a month.

cashmachine101, Nov 2, 2008 IP