1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

True Muslims???

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by messenger of peace, Mar 9, 2006.

?

True Muslims are peaceful people wishing all the best for this world?

1. yes

120 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. no

78 vote(s)
    35.5%
  3. i don't know

22 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This weeks, 3 not 4 as I mentioned above, Christians have been executed in Indonesia.

PALU, Indonesia (AP) -- Three Christian militants were executed by firing squad Friday for leading attacks on Muslims six years ago that left at least 70 people dead, setting off fresh sectarian clashes on restive Sulawesi island, police said.

Mobs torched cars and police posts in several villages before security forces restored order, said Maj. Rudy Sufahriyadi, police chief in the town of Poso. Elsewhere they torched a prison, freeing scores of inmates, blockaded roads, and looted Muslim-owned shops and restaurants.

On the island of Flores, the executed men's birthplace, machete-wielding mobs ran through the streets, sending women and children running in panic.

"We understand that some people are disappointed and sad to hear their brothers were executed," Sufahriyadi said. "It's normal, but we will not tolerate any anarchist acts that may worsen the situation."

The men were taken before the firing squad at 12:15 a.m. (2:15 p.m. EDT Thursday), said a senior police officer who asked not to be identified because he was not authorized to speak to the media. Family members later said they had received confirmation of their deaths.

The European Union had criticized the planned executions; capital punishment is banned in the 25-member bloc.

"The presidency of the European Union has learned with disappointment that despite numerous expressions of concern by the EU to the Indonesian authorities, Indonesia has carried out executions in Central Sulawesi," said a statement issued Friday by Finland, which currently holds the EU presidency.

Fabianus Tibo, 60, Marinus Riwu, 48, and Dominggus da Silva, 42, were found guilty of leading a Christian militia that launched a series of attacks in May 2000.

The bodies of Tibo and Riwu were flown back to their village of Beteleme, in Central Sulawesi's Morowalai district, for burial, said Central Sulawesi police spokesman Lt. Col. Muhamad Kilat. The body of Da Silva, who came from faraway Flores island, was buried overnight in the provincial capital of central Sulawesi province, Palu.

Pope's appeal ignored
    In carrying out the death sentence, Indonesia ignored an appeal last month by Pope Benedict XVI to spare the men. A Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi, told the Italian news agency ANSA that news of the execution "was very sad and painful."

The case against the three had heightened tensions in the world's most populous Muslim nation and raised questions about the role religion played in punishing those allegedly behind the violence that swept Sulawesi province from 1998 to 2002, killing more than 1,000 people of both religions. Only a handful of Muslims were convicted in the violence, all for 15 years in prison or less.

The men told relatives and a priest during final prayers at their jail Thursday that they were innocent but ready to die.

Fearing violence timed to the executions, Indonesia deployed more than 2,000 police and soldiers in Palu, some guarding churches that dot the city.

Palu, where the executions took place, was largely calm, with thousands of police standing on street corners and guarding markets and churches, watching as some 1,000 mourners filed into St. Maria's church early Friday to take part in a requiem."My father begged us not to be angry, not to seek revenge," Tibo's son, Robert, told Christian followers after the morning prayers. "He asked us to forgive those who did this to him. God blesses all of us, he said."

Violence in the villages
    But violence flared in the Sulawesi villages of Tentena and Lage, where hundreds of people went on a rampage after learning of the deaths. And thousands rallied in East Nusatenggara province, home to many Roman Catholics in the country's far east, blockading roads and burning buildings.

The executions came amid an outcry in many Muslim nations about comments made by the pope on Islam. The pontiff last week cited the words of a Byzantine emperor who characterized some of the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad as "evil and inhuman." He has since said he was "deeply sorry" about the reactions to his remarks and that they did not reflect his own opinions.

The condemned men had said they hoped investigations into the clashes would continue, noting that they had provided authorities with the names of 16 Christians who allegedly instigated some of the worst bloodshed.

The government says its probe is complete.

"It's useless for me to say anything now," said Tibo's son early Friday. "The government never listened to him when he was alive. They ignored everything."

Human rights workers say the men's 2001 trial was a sham, and that while it was possible the men took part in some of the violence, they almost certainly were not the masterminds.

Others said crowds of Muslim hardliners gathered at the court during the hearings, likely intimidating judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys and witnesses.

"The men's lawyers received death threats, including a bomb planted at one lawyer's house and demonstrators armed with stones outside the courthouse demanded that the three be sentenced to death," said Isabelle Cartron of London-based Amnesty International.

Indonesia is a secular nation with the world's largest number of Muslims, about 190 million. In Sulawesi and several other eastern regions, Christian and Muslim populations are roughly equal.

Though violence in Sulawesi largely ended with the signing of a peace deal in 2002, there have been isolated incidents of violence since then, most blamed on Islamic militants.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Arnie, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Mia, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  3. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The Basra demonstration came as an al Qaeda linked militant group vowed a war against the "worshippers of the cross" in response to the pope's speech.

"We tell the worshipper of the cross (the Pope) that you and the West will be defeated, as is the case in Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya," said an Internet statement by the Mujahideen Shura Council, an umbrella group led by Iraq's branch of al Qaeda, according to the Reuters news agency.

"We shall break the cross and spill the wine. ... God will (help) Muslims to conquer Rome. ... God enable us to slit their throats, and make their money and descendants the bounty of the mujahideen," said the statement.

Very peacefull indeed

Arnie, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  4. n.b

n.b Peon

Best Answers:
    Any good people from any community are peaceful persons. So are Muslims.

n.b, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  5. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Take some time and check the links below. You can read it in Thai. It's going to take some time though.

Many muslims are good despite their religion and not because of it.

Arnie, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  6. n.b

n.b Peon

Best Answers:
    I just saw the voting says around 51% says yes and around 38% says no and around 9% says don't know.

Very strange statistics because I believe every community have good and bad people. So we should not condemn Muslims altogether only because they are Muslims.

n.b, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  7. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's not about condemming people as individuals.
    The statistic is strange since many muslims registered many times to vote in their own favor and got banned.

Arnie, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  8. Djay_RX

Djay_RX Peon

Best Answers:
    Djay_RX, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  9. n.b

n.b Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not a Muslim nor I have read holy Koran but around a year back I met a guy on yahoo who was from Pakistan. We were talking on Koran and women in Pak etc, he then explained me few bits of Koran. He explained me that it is some people of the Muslim community that are not good but overall the community is good. And other than that I have had Muslim friends in school and college and they were nice and friendly. I am from India by the way, and mostly in Indian cities Hindus and Muslims are friendly to each other.

n.b, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  10. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Another thing to mention:
    Try to open a Buddhist Temple or a Christian Church in a muslim country and you will understand.
    The answers and details are also to be found at the link below.

Arnie, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  11. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rights of Non-Muslims
    in an
    Islamic State
    By

Samuel Shahid

FOREWORD

Recently a few books have been written about the rights of non-Muslims who are subjugated to the rule of the Islamic law. Most of these books presented the Islamic view in a favorable fashion, without unveiling the negative facet inherited in these laws.

This brief study attempts to examine these laws as they are stated by the Four Schools of the Fiqh (jurisprudence). It aims at revealing to the reader the negative implications of these laws without ignoring the more tolerant views of modern reformers.

Our ardent hope that this study will reveal to our readers the bare truth in its both positive and negative facets.

S.S.

If you don't want to open a temple or church and just to live in a muslim country read this

This is first class discrimination

Arnie, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  12. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    isn't it weird that this thread was started by the OP's one and only post?

lorien1973, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  13. Djay_RX

Djay_RX Peon

Best Answers:
    in Indonesia there is FPI (Front Pembela Islam) -- maybe it can be translated to Islam Protector Cadre/Front -- they're VERY SUCKS. A lot of muslims hate 'em,
    they're talkin as a muslims but their hand are full of blood -- that's one kind of Not good muslim community

Djay_RX, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  14. n.b

n.b Peon

Best Answers:
    Somehow you are right on that. I do agree this happens in Middle Eastern countries.

n.b, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  15. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Malaysia the same. If you want to open a church you must have at least 20000 members, plus all the other hassles as you can find in the link below. This law is just a couple of years old. A muslim can't convert and would be killed if one tries to convert. So the only Christians in Malaysia are the ones with Hindu background and those Christians who were left from the british colonie and their offsprings.

I have a Hindu friend from Malaysia who became a Christian Pastor there.
    Man, this guy has a spirit.:)

Arnie, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  16. Djay_RX

Djay_RX Peon

Best Answers:
    Could ya tell us
    where do yacome from ??

-- just 2 make me easier to reply -- :p

Djay_RX, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  17. n.b

n.b Peon

Best Answers:
    I never knew this. I thought Malaysia is a nice friendly country at least that is how it is represented on TV. This is unfair. An individual has full right to choose his religion.

n.b, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  18. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People are friendly no doubt and Malaysia is considered as being moderate in this regards. Now can you imagine other muslim countries?

Arnie, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  19. n.b

n.b Peon

Best Answers:
    Middle Eastern countries are disgusting I know. But Pakistan I think people are friendly to Indians on chats at least.
    Kuwait is a nice country, I know because my cousin and his wife is working there.

n.b, Sep 22, 2006 IP
  20. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am a muslim and I don't think that I am a bad human.
    The basic principles of every religion is good , if they were not they would not find believers (or for the believers god is good and so are the rules from the god).
    Our religion orders good as the other religions , killing someone is a very bad (deadly ? ) sin.I tells us to help poor people etc and so.

But when we look at the world there are killers for all religions , Jews Killing Muslims , Christians killing muslims , Muslims killing Jews , Muslims killing Christians.

Are they killing each other for their religion ordered it.
    Of course not.
    They are killing each other for money , for goods etc.

Looking from the muslim side:
    Why is Jews at palestine ,did their religion gave palestinian peoples land to them.
    So they can kill palestinians , They can build a wall between them.They can kill children.They are innocent.
    So are Palestinians , Jewish people took their land they can kill everybody including the innocent people.

Looking at this fact can we blame their religions ?
    Can we say all Jews are very bad ? I don't think so.

An other example
    Usa is in Iraq , they are freeing their spirits (taking it out of their bodies of course :) , They are torturing prisoners , some soldiers are accused of raping a girl and killing their family and burning them.

Iraq people are resisting against them , cause they don't believe that they are there for their good , they are there for their petroleum.

Does Christianity order christians take other humans wealth for your oppurtunity , torture them , kill them , rape them ? Of course not.
    Can we say all christians are bad , they are torturers , rapers ?
    Of course not.

For example the church organized crusades , Anatolian people suffered a lot from those wars , The church organised discovery of the new world (of course from their side cause it was discovered by the indians , peru people etc before :).A lot of people suffered from those.

Can we say christianity is bad , god is bad cause they made this.We can't say that.

For me :
    I am a Muslim I am good.
    If some one is Christian he can be good or bad independent from his religion , so does a Jew.
    We have to look people apart from their religion.
    Cause Religions orders good.
    It is the leaders and people who interpret their rules to their benefits.

Only Fascists decide people for their religion.
    Hmm you are Muslim you're bad
    Hmm You are Jew you're bad.
    Hmm You are Christian you're bad.
    There are bad and good people everywhere.

zangief, Sep 22, 2006 IP