1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

True Muslims???

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by messenger of peace, Mar 9, 2006.

?

True Muslims are peaceful people wishing all the best for this world?

1. yes

120 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. no

78 vote(s)
    35.5%
  3. i don't know

22 vote(s)
    10.0%
    hi....

Welcome all

"True Muslims are peaceful people wishing all the best for this world"

Islam is a religion of peace .and please don't judge before listening to us. May God bless you all Muslims or Non-Muslims.

messenger of peace, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Please don't use Size 7 font...Its not very peaceful

yfs1, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  3. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    LOL good idea for a poll though :)

Blogmaster, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    A wise man once said, blessed are the peacemakers.......

PS: Bad idea for a poll, it will make the forum look bad....

anthonycea, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  5. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    the borg - resistance is futile

GTech, Mar 9, 2006 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  6. MorgansMom

MorgansMom Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty bold move for their first post/poll....

Does anybody else think Robert Plant looks like the Gatekeeper from the boardgame Nightmare? Or maybe I'm the only one on the planet that's ever played it....

MorgansMom, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I've voted "no". I'm not saying that "Muslims are evil", but I believe that "Islam is evil" and therefor the true followers are as well! I've met some really cool Muslims, but they were the young, hippyish type Muslims who'd drink on the weekends and do basically whatever their parents wouldn't be able to catch them do ;)

Blogmaster, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  8. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Reign of Chaos

Best Answers:
    Well, most of the terrorists all over the world are muslims. I am not saying that muslim community is bad, i am sure they are just normal people like most of us, but those terrorist groups are definetely bringing a bad name to your religion.

SumitBahl, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  9. ol.

ol. Peon

Best Answers:
    You're a fucking idiot.

Go on - give me some red...

Seriously, why is it that every other post from you looks down on a certian group of people.

Last time it pissed me off was when you were basically taking the piss out of one-parent families where the parents aren't around.

Well Blobmaster, I'm happy you had a good upbringing where your parents were around.

And I'm also pleased you've read the koran - you must have done, because you know islam is 'evil'.

Why don't you go and crawl from under the rock you came you sad little man.

Just for the record I'm not Muslim, but comments like "blogmasters' piss me off. :)

ol., Mar 10, 2006 IP
    yfs1, Caveman and saadahmed007 like this.
  10. eves

eves Peon

Best Answers:
    i voted i dont know, as i personally dont know a single "true" muslim, let alone whats on his mind

but the question should have been phrased better... EVERYONE probably wishes what they think is the best for the world, but the problem is that those views of what is the best differ very much

eves, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  11. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    Is that you Lordo?
    Or are you just friends with Lordo?
    Strange post for a first post, kind of a tell tale sign that you where already focussed on this topic by referal from Lordo or like i said maybe you are Lordo?

Especially with a screenname like that.

BTW... i voted NO since it's the minority of the Muslim community that causes the violence but unfortunately it leaves a big impact on the worlds society.
    If all the Muslims where violent because of religion then there would be a whole lot more of violence.
    But i do see why there is room for violence because of bad examples set by individuals that enjoy status and prestige in the muslim community such as Muslim Sheiks and Imams.

Edz, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  12. ewomack

ewomack Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't vote.

But there are good muslims and bad muslims just like there are good and bad christians. Of course "good" and "bad" always depends on who you ask.

The part of Islam that disturbs me revolves around the martyr cult. Iran has a "Museum of the Martyrs" that displays burned, torn, and shredded clothing of those who died for the faith. But there's also a Christian wax museum of martyrs in Ohio Martyrs in Wax. So who knows? On the Christian side, the Evangelicals disturb me. From what I've read they focus on the book of Revelations, not the Gospels, and so emphasize the Jesus who wields a mighty sword, not the one that says "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword". My uncle is an evangelical, and he gave everyone in our family a copy of the first volume of "Left Behind". Now there's a book full of love.

ewomack, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  13. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Islam is a religion of history; of religious traditions born of historical practice. It is a religion of revealed truth, in final, absolute form and as such, differs even from Christianity, which at its inception placed a greater emphasis on the sacrifice of Christ than on his role as prophet of the revealed word.

From the start, within its community of believers, Islam has suffered bloodshed; and from without, in its sweeps across the Arabian Peninsula and later, Europe and other parts, it has inflicted that same bloodshed; conversion by the sword cannot be denied. It was practice.

The role of the Caliphs was always to preserve the revealed word, and community of believers, from all inroads into its orthodoxy. Hence the problem within Islam. The Sunnis, emphasizing those who, like Peter and the apostles to Christ, were companions to Mohammed in his years of struggle and the establishment of Islam, and the Shi'ites, endowing the Hashim with an order of sacred legitimacy against the Sunni Caliphate.

From the start, these Caliphate struggles were bathed in blood, and this blood continues today (in the firestorm about to start, in my view, with a pan-islamic sectarian civil war, between supranational Sunnis and Shi'ites).

The Koran notwithstanding, the practice of Islam has shared with most other religions an ocean of blood.

northpointaiki, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  14. westhaven

westhaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No Religion is false :)

westhaven, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  15. clancey

clancey Peon

Best Answers:
    Most, if not all modern religions are about peace. The three in greatest conflict with one another have the same root - - suggesting the rivalry of siblings seeking the blessings of the parents.

clancey, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  16. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmm. Hadn't thought of it this way, nice post. Which reaffirms why I have always felt so sad about the arab-israeli conflicts...hell, all conflicts based on ethnicity. All semites; or all the same, with a miniscule difference in genetic makeup. All family.

northpointaiki, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  17. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think those moon people cults who drink kool aid and kill themselves now and again are pretty close though ;)

lorien1973, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    That could be, but modern wars are really conducted by businessmen, using the folks on all sides as pawns, it is the worship of money and power that moves these guys, not God, they attempt to use him too in their scams, but God said thou shalt not murder!

He has nothing to do with the false prophets of doom on either side!

anthonycea, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  19. gprime

gprime Guest

Best Answers:
    Fixed that statement for you.

gprime, Mar 10, 2006 IP
    eXe likes this.
  20. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Bullshit, it's not interpreted that way. Now, before I get on my horse... not ALL Muslims are bad - therefore I don't hate Muslims. What I do hate though, are those Muslim extremists that think their on some sort of Holy War crusade against all those who stand in their path - Especially "American's".

Show me a good Muslim and I'll show you 10 that aren't. You can say there are peaceful Muslims, sure... but to say that it's a religion of peace... bullshit.

Let the red reps come, I don't care.

mdvaldosta, Mar 10, 2006 IP