1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trouble figuring out AdWords

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by NewComputer, Sep 7, 2004.

I am having some trouble using this tool to help me figure out what my keywords are worth. I filled out all the information, but it did not tell me what others were paying etc....

I thought I could use this to know:

A. what payouts for clicks would be

B. What others can expect from them advertising these on AdSense

C. What competitors are bidding.

Maybe I am incorrect, but then is there a tool that will help me get these answers. Let me also add that I had seen a tool out there, but I think it was an overture tool.

NewComputer, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    you can't get the exact numbers no matter what you do.

it's just useful as an estimate; it's possible (although unlikely) that the adwords tool may suggest that you need to pay 50$ a click, but there's no a single advertister paying for content matches.

it's just good for a rough estimate. adjust the bid amounts and look at your approx placement

disgust, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  3. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmmm, so if I fill out all the info. Get to the last page. Put in a dollar amount, the average position is where I would rank for that search term at that amount? 1 being the first correct?

NewComputer, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  4. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    yep, that's basically what it is. however, when you actually buy adwords ads, your CTR is also used to determine where you place.

disgust, Sep 7, 2004 IP