1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trojan Horses

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by david_sakh, Oct 4, 2004.

www.popuptraffic.com's ads have trojans!

AGGH! WTF? I just signed up with them, and not only have they stopped counting hits for several days, but when I tried to access my site in the library i popped up a message saying a cookie containing a trojan had been deleted!

I'm scared. Should I cancel my account with them immediately?

david_sakh, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I wouldn't worry about it... whatever software you have that said a trojan was hidden in a cookie is entirely wrong. :) A cookie is nothing more than a string that can be retrieved by the server that set it. Basiclaly used for tracking (for example this forum sets a cookie so you don't have to log in every time you visit). But a cookie cannot execute any code or anything like that.

digitalpoint, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  3. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    o...but I don't want my visitors scared off by these messages. And I wonder why p.o.t has stopped counting my impressions. I've had hundreds since they stopped tracking....

david_sakh, Oct 4, 2004 IP