1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trivia: Did Clickbank Fix My Problem or Coincidence?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Supper, Oct 1, 2008.

1. seregap

seregap Active Member

Best Answers:
    i'll join the club lol
    one of the products that had been converting at less than 1/20 and even 2-3/20 on some days for me has had no sales for 4 days now. absolutely nothing changed on my or publisher's side traffic and content-wise.
    i've sent cb an email to see if a sale or two will magically pop up lol :)

seregap, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  2. seregap

seregap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Got the usual template reply yesterday afternoon.
    3 sales last night, 1 today so far.
    Go figure... :)

seregap, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  3. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    From everyone's comments its unlikely that its just a coincidence that after sending an email to click bank sales will start flowing back.

It it credible to think of the theory that the situation is that click bank currently have 2 systems (for accounts, tracking or whatever), an old one which most affiliates data is in and a newer one which is more accurate.

The old one messed up frequently and whenever someone complain to them they get moved on the new system. If this is the case, click bank does not move everyone to the new system for obvious reason - its too much data and not an easy task to do. (probably they would just move only those that complain)

The same theory would explain that sometimes there are people that just create a new account (added to new system) and sales start flowing.

Is this credible?:rolleyes:

web_18designer, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  4. iainvw

iainvw Peon

Best Answers:
    It certainly sounds credible, but my experience doesn't bear it out.

After several years with one CB account, I've opened two more this year to see if it made any difference to my conversion rate. I now send traffic to all three IDs in approximately equal proportions. My script chooses an ID at random, regardless of which product is involved, and inserts it into my redirect link. I know that the proportions are approximately equal because my script also logs which ID was chosen for each visitor.

Here are my conversions since the beginning of September 2008:

CBID#1 (account opened 2003-09-30): 73 conversions

CBID#2 (account opened 2008-02-27): 68 conversions

CBID#3 (account opened 2008-08-26): 70 conversions

Even though the oldest account is slightly better than the others, I don't believe the difference is significant.

I too have seen the sudden sales drops on all three accounts even though the traffic is the same as before or better. Traffic sources that have converted reliably in the past have become very inconsistent.

I wonder if it's time to open yet another account...

iainvw, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  5. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:

Well, according to your stats that would mean that your accounts are all on the newer system, if they really have such a system it dosent mean that only those that complain are moved on it, in fact they might have moved lot of accounts already on it but not all.

This whole idea might be just imagination, but I know lot of web development companies that do it, - when they have a huge inefficient system sometime the only solution is to develope a better one and move the data gradually.

Sometimes the data is moved in batches, other times acocurding to some criterial, and yet again other times whoever complain is moved.

Another similar theory is that sometimes their system currupt some accounts, and they have to do something from their end to get them working efficiently again - obviously they will only do this if you complain since otherwise they wuouldnt know that your account is effected.

web_18designer, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  6. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure if that is so. I can only speculate on my situation. I complained, and the sales started coming again, but now they're not anymore. I've sent out another complaint email to them because I'll lose my mind this weekend if I don't get any sales.

Supper, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  7. Malkeezer

Malkeezer Peon

Best Answers:
    Same happend to me. Got the default ...."hops per order" ratio depends on several factors... email then 2 hours later a couple of sales.

I dont know what to think at this point!

Malkeezer, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  8. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm laughing my ass off now again, it's pretty sad. I shouldn't be laughing.

I sent an email, and as you can guess, the sales start again. I have so much trust in clickbank when they tell me it's my problem.

Supper, Oct 10, 2008 IP
  9. DPwebtec123

DPwebtec123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't remember a time when clickbank announced a major system upgrade and a planned downtime for the whole site like most major players do, like google adwords, or ebay, or paypal, do this all the time month on month.

do you ??

DPwebtec123, Oct 10, 2008 IP