1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Triggering -

Discussion in 'C#' started by cancer10, Apr 29, 2007.

Triggering -

Hello,

Need help :)

Herez the scenario:

I am maintaining a list of members of my site in a database. All members have an expiry date column in a table which is in mm/dd/yyyy format. I want that every members should be emailed on the day of their expiry automatically. I dnt wanna search for members and then mail then manually or if I m out on vacation it should do the work for me.

I have heard this can be done using triggers, but not sure how to use it.

Can u help me? also is there any other way apart from using triggers?

PS: Corn Jobs are not enabled in my webhost just in case if you are going to suggest me that. :)

Thanx in advance.

cancer10, Apr 29, 2007 IP
  2. ccoonen

ccoonen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are using SQL Server right? If so, you can run a DTS Package. Schedule the DTS for a daily occurance, then it can hit your table and detect if month(Now) = month(Field) and year(now) = year(field) and day(now) = day(field), if it does, then have your DTS hit a page by passing in that userID. Your DTS can hit EmailUser.asp?userid=3402, then that page can hit the db again, get the email, and email the person. Otherwise, just make an app, and set it up as a scheduled task on your box, which hits the db, and does the emailing in the app.

ccoonen, May 1, 2007 IP