1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tricks to get images indexed?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by bigslowrock, Jan 18, 2005.

I was wondering if there are any tricks to get google to index images on your websites. Can't say that I've really tried much other than naming the pic and providing alt text matching the "keyword" of the image.

bigslowrock, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  2. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:

I think that is the trick if there is one i.e. use hyphen separated keywords that accurately describe the picture as the file name and put the same in the alt tag for that picture. It does take a very long time to see the results though because Googlebot-Image/1.0 (+http://www.googlebot.com/bot.html) does seem to be a reluctant visitor and Google Images does not get updated that often.

- Michael

Michael, Jan 18, 2005 IP
    bigslowrock likes this.
  3. seoxperts

seoxperts Peon

Best Answers:
    try posting a press release on prweb with the images upload and you will see the images in there :)

It's a trick I have used for all my clients :)

seoxperts, Jan 18, 2005 IP
    bigslowrock, samsam and honey like this.
  4. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:

That IS interesting.

Just to be clear - you issue the press release with an image that has the url of the image located on the site? Does the Google image bot then just visit that url and index it or does it spider the whole site?

- Michael

Michael, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  5. seoxperts

seoxperts Peon

Best Answers:
    Upload a PR with some content and the PR at prweb allows images to be uploaded, works pretty well. The crux is if you have a page with lots of content and an image included on the page with a link to the bigger version of the image, it gets into Google Images, I have tried and tested this, it works.

seoxperts, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  6. bigslowrock

bigslowrock Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tips. Looks like the main thing is hoping google imagebot shows up. Seoxperts , I'll give the pr thing a try too.

bigslowrock, Jan 18, 2005 IP