1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tricking Adsense

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by H-Man, Sep 7, 2004.

Isn't just starting a forum about a certain high price keywords just tricking the system?

H-Man, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Not if the forum has value!

Which one are you concerned about?

sarahk, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  3. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think so -- its like becoming a doctor cause they make alot of money..... as long as you do a good job, why is it bad to go after a high paying job? Why is it bad to make a site that will make alot of money?

joeychgo, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The Google AdSense Program Polices state:

So, technically, yes, this is not allowed.

However, if you read all of the bizarre Google legalese, almost everything is forbidden by one rule or another.

Will.Spencer, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  5. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

The rule makes almost no sense.......... Content relevent to what? If the only value is in showing ads, then wouldnt it be a page of just advertising without content? What about a links page? Isnt such a page jsut for the purpost of showing ads?

my scrambled .02

joeychgo, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  6. H-Man

H-Man Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess they all have relavence and value, but would I have cared what Melasomothingness is if I did read this forum. Do I care now? No. But I probably made someone $50.

It made my mind start spinning. And now I can't sleep. Is this forum corrupting me? How do you find out the value of keywords?

H-Man, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  7. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not exactly sure what your concerned about? The Mesothelioma post about which words pay the most?

schlottke, Sep 7, 2004 IP
  8. H-Man

H-Man Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not concerned. I just know how I would feel if I paid $50 for a click and it was wasted on me.

I guess those advertisers know their business better than me. They would pay for it if it wasn't worth it.

I had no idea people paid that for clicks.

If your not breaking the rules go for it, I say. 10 days into this, I am just trying to get a handle on all the rules.

H-Man, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  9. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    To put that (the $50 per click) into perspective for you.

The advertisers who are actually paying that much are almost all (from the 15 or so Ive talked to- 100% of them) have marketing people who specialize in picking specific keywords that they will only pay that much for. It changes quite often, especially with the advent of all of the 'get rich quick' pages for these keywords.

These advertisers (using Mesothelioma as an example) are lawyers, who's job is open litigation against companies who lacked the better judgement of providing masks, air filteration, etc. These cases are worth Millions to the families involved and since their attorney gets 25-35% of that, its worth it for them to advertise.

If the ads are being clicked on by people interested in them, I see no reason not to have a page about it.

My family was actually involved in a case against a company my grandfather worked for (he later died from it actually), so I do have a tie to the disease as well.

schlottke, Sep 8, 2004 IP
  10. dhruv

dhruv Peon

Best Answers:
    I shouldn't think it's violating the TOS if the page HAS quality content.

dhruv, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  11. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The Google AdSense Program Policies clearly disagree with you:

Will.Spencer, Sep 14, 2004 IP
  12. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Mesothelioma keyword doesnt even worth 0.75 / click. Some high paying adwords does not pay publishers considerably good.

melfan, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  13. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    How can anyone tell what the purpose of creating a page was? This is a rule which cannot be enforced.

caroline, Sep 19, 2004 IP
  14. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

a bit more then that --- but under $5

joeychgo, Sep 19, 2004 IP
  15. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google just wants to discourage that.

dejaone, Sep 19, 2004 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I can point you to entire websites which have been created for the sole purpose of showing ads. The content is minimal, plagarised and optimised. The whole point it to get you to the page and then to click on one of the ads. Try searching for info on your favourite movie star and you'll find plenty of examples.

sarahk, Sep 19, 2004 IP
  17. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A forum requires other people to post and use it. I would imagine that you would eventually have visitors who suffer from this discussing the topic at hand, and in turn making the forum relevant to the adsense campaign and in no way violate their TOS.

The problem comes when you make a site that is just a bunch of ads with the keyword spammed.

Infiniterb, Sep 20, 2004 IP
  18. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    IMO - a page designed just for the ads is defined simply - is it a worthwhile page without the ads?

Creating a page designed to draw higher paying ad's isnt a bad thing - its like choosing to be an engeering major because they get paid well. Its basically SEO with a slightly different goal in mind.

As long as you do the work and make a worthwhile page, I have no trouble with making the page with a particular high paying topic in mind.

joeychgo, Sep 20, 2004 IP
  19. nriweb

nriweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    right ... if theres a page made mainly for britney spears targetting the keywords and have ads for britneys albums or jewelry ... i dont think the advertisers wud mind if someone clicks on their ads from these pages... the advertisers is getting a prospective customer who is interested in britney spears and his product which hes advertising on the made-up page ...

nriweb, Sep 25, 2004 IP