1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Travel Site - Established 2006 - Adsense Earnings! - Tons of Content

Discussion in 'Sites' started by marketjunction, Jul 28, 2010.

EDIT: SITE SOLD

I’m selling a travel site I’ve had for many years. The site is full of content and requires no work if you’re happy with it as is. Honestly, I've just been letting it run without any work for quite some time.

For years I’ve made money through Google’s AdSense, clickbank and other affiliate networks (Priceline, etc). And I’ve made money through direct advertising.

Here’s the funny thing. My CTR on the site is very, very low. So someone who knows Adsense well could double it. While it’s against ToS to mention exact CTR, I can tell you that the average CTR of the sites I actively manage are 8-10x higher.

This site also has a PHP system I started developing years ago, but stopped. It keeps all the articles, city info and stuff in the DB and by clicking a button, the site updates itself. The code is open for you to see so you or anyone with beginner PHP knowledge could change it. I don’t care.

What you get:

1. A site making AdSense money daily.

2. A site that’s been around for years.

3. Lots of content and a setup that’s built for growth.

4. Ability to make money various ways.

5. And of course the design, domain name, custom PHP code, etc.

Revenue

Travel goes in seasons, so there are up months and down months. This site makes money every single month.

In July 2010, it’s made about $65 via AdSense. In July 2009, it did about $130 for the month. At one point it was doing $100 a month averages.

The average monthly AdSense income for 2010 is: $80.21!

I can also add hundreds a year just by selling ad space. As an example, I sold direct advertising to one client for $240 per year. As you can see, just a deal or two can add up. There are no required links on the site now. You can remove anything you want.

Another example of commission is via PriceLine. I put up their banner for a bit to test. I got a sale and a $50 commission from them. However, I took it down, because I wanted to focus on Adsense and direct ad sales at the time.

EDIT: SITE SOLD

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    marketjunction, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  2. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Forgot to mention, according to my Google Adsense stats, the average page impressions for July is at close to 9k right now. The average for 2010 is closer to 14k.

3. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Getting lots of questions, so here's some answers to the most common things asked:

1. I have a screen of 2009 revenue and 2010 revenue from AdSense available. Decided I'd just take the snapshot since so many people asked.

2. The PHP script I mentioned is something I was building on my own. I quit the development 2 years ago, so no, it's not available anywhere else and I don't have ANY plans to resell it. It was a work in progress. In fact, I won't even have a copy once you take over the site. I've moved on.

3. The traffic is coming naturally. I don't do anything (literally) for this site. I did some marketing years ago and set it up. It just has natural links/listings now. So nothing changes when you take ownership. :)