1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Travel routes aggregator review

Discussion in 'Websites' started by IlyaFaer, Sep 10, 2022.

Hi, all, how is it going?

With an old friend we're developing a website, which allows to publish and search travel routes created with Google Maps. Right now we're (well, actually, I'm the only programmer) finishing the very basic functionality, polishing it and trying to gather feedback from professionals before showing it to folks.

[​IMG]

As travel audience is very wide, and most people use only smartphones during travel, we've decided to make the website maximally minimalistic - to reduce the number of user actions and make it more understandable. Thus, the website has not very traditional form.

Right now there is not much of content, so it's recommended to use only Country and City filters at the first attempt. Will not say anything else, just go to the landing page, see by yourself and kindly describe if you understand everything and how convenient is the website:

https://www.anurantravel.com

As we're going to increase functionality dramatically, it would be good to implement everything in the best from the very beginning not to re-implement it later. So any good advices are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2022
    IlyaFaer, Sep 10, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That caught my attention - but from a publisher's perspective. I'd like to be able to upload my day's location history, trim the ends and maybe the middle (for privacy). Add photos that would become pin marks on the map then I could link to it from youtube so people could see photos and where they were taken.

What you have now looks good and I like how if I click on something the maps info gets shown. It's a bit like bannergress.com for normal people

sarahk, Sep 11, 2022 IP
  3. IlyaFaer

IlyaFaer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hm-m... we can do this. It will take time though, but, yeah, it's doable. And I suspect sportsmen (runners and cyclist) will also find such a feature useful :cool:
    I made a note, thanks!

IlyaFaer, Sep 11, 2022 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  4. IlyaFaer

IlyaFaer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, how is it going?!

We've implemented journey tracking. It's a bit handycraft, because we don't have significant powers yet, but it works.

The princip is this: you come to a place, create a point on the website, attaching your coordinates and a photo (which can be uploaded, or taken right in the moment). When enough points created, you apply the route for a compilation, and our robot creates a route on Google Maps (just like other routes on the website), connecting your points with an optimal way (considering the type of transport you chosen).

[​IMG]

Tracking works only for signed users (we have to keep data about the tracked route between sessions). Route preview is not available until compilation. After compilation = before publishing, you'll be able to redact the route on Google Maps. Hopefully, these limitations are temporary.

You're welcome to try it by yourself. Detailed description is available in https://www.anurantravel.com/how_to?page=track

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    IlyaFaer, Oct 3, 2022 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I'll take a look!

sarahk, Oct 3, 2022 IP