1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transitioning away from dropshipping

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by SiyonKart, Aug 16, 2021.

I have a home decor dropshipping store, but recently I found a product that sells pretty well, so I decided to order it in bulk from alibaba to get more profit margins and to be able to sorta brand myself as a online retailer…is this a good idea? Or does anyone have advice or tips that would be greatly appreciated!

SiyonKart, Aug 16, 2021 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It can be a good idea. The most important thing is that if you have the products on hand you don't need to worry about supplier bankruptcy and other issues that you have no control over.

But if you are going to stock something, make sure your margins are high enough to allow for shrinkage or even total loss of product. Buying stock from your drop-shipper will probably not give you enough margin for unexpected losses. Better to buy from HIS supplier.

mmerlinn, Aug 16, 2021 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    My hairdresser is making a killing on the side with men's watches.
    There's a farmer with a barn full of kids bike helmets - they don't go out of style, are steady sellers, and he has the room to store them.

The only thing that concerns me about your plan is the "home decor", if that's what you're buying from Alibaba, because styles and tastes change. Don't "invest" more than you can afford to lose.

sarahk, Aug 16, 2021 IP