1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transferring Vbulletin database to another server using godaddy hosting?

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Thcpub, Aug 13, 2013.

I am trying to transfer a vbulletin Forum from one domain and server to another domain and server using godaddy hosting. I tried following vbulletin directions by exporting the database and uploading the database to the new server but it isnt showing any of the old treads and posts. Its showing the forum page but nothing is clickable. It tries to bring me to the old domain URL for that thread or page.

Does anyone have experience with this and could anyone give me some pointers?

Thcpub, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  2. A_ManojKumar

A_ManojKumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you update the new forum URL in the admin panel?

A_ManojKumar, Aug 14, 2013 IP
  3. Flatliner86

Flatliner86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can also replicate the database from one Server to the other Server. Check out this documentation: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/replication.html

Flatliner86, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  4. superuser101

superuser101 Peon

Best Answers:
    if you made a migration from a server to another,i guess you have to change the root address in config files or in db..

superuser101, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  5. jscg

jscg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well you missed something for sure, your database or forum files are not well imported on your new hosting.

Also check if you missed something on config file, if there are some path's which need to be changed to match your new webost path's.

Regards

jscg, Oct 31, 2013 IP