1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transferring a Blog

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by claypage, Jun 1, 2005.

Greetings all!

I currently have a blog on a site I do for my Kiwanis club. (http://www.kilncreekkiwanis.org/blog) This is through bblog, which I really like, but unfortunately it does not allow for multpile users. I'd like to switch to wordpress. I recently installed that on another site. My question in this: Is it hard to transfer posts from bblog to wordpress?

Granted the Kiwanis blog doesn't have many posts, I could just start anew... however, I would LOVE to keep the posts going. Is there a way to simply transfer it, or should I simply copy and past each post from bblog to wordpress?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    Matt

claypage, Jun 1, 2005 IP
  2. khushal

khushal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What i see is there are quite a few number of posts on your blog,so do it manually!!!By the way your template is cool!

khushal, Jun 1, 2005 IP
  3. varlik

varlik Peon

Best Answers:
    claypage, a quck search on Google came up with this script - http://wildgardenseed.com/Taj/wordpress/

Appears to be an old, unsupported script that does what you want. Don't know which versions of Wordpress or bblog it supports though.

Hope this helps.

--
    Thomas

varlik, Jun 1, 2005 IP
  4. claypage

claypage Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to both of you. I'm going to give that script a try and see what happens. Worse comes to worse, I'll just do it manually. Bblog is great, but I need more users. Also the blogs have been comment spammed, which is a pain in the butt, so I'm hoping wordpress will stop that.

Matt

claypage, Jun 1, 2005 IP