1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transferred page to new site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Trance-formation, Aug 2, 2004.

I have a site that used to hold my products catalogue as well as promote my business but since my business is local in nature I decided to move my products catalogue to a dedicated site.

Curiously, one page on the old site was in the top ten on google for the search term "blood pressure hypnosis" (not a wow of a term, but one that I was using as a measure nonetheless:) but on the new site it doesn't even register on the keywordtracker (great tool btw, I've become a bit of a keyword tracker bore to any internet savvy friends), despite being identical in content to the old one and having achieved the same PR.

Anyone any ideas what I might do better?

Adam Sargant

Trance-formation, Aug 2, 2004 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Sounds like when you moved it, all on-page SEO stayed the same but you (might have) lost all links thus deleting all off-page SEO which is more important than on-page SEO. It can also take up to a few months to show up properly in the SERPs for new sites.

Get your linking structure working again and get incoming external links... Then sit and wait (while you get more links). Should be fine then.

Welcome to the forum by the way. Your name got anything to do with the likes of PVD & Tiesto etc.?

T0PS3O, Aug 3, 2004 IP
  3. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the welcome and reply:)

I don't think I had any offsite links to the page itself, but I did to the site obviously... I now have more to the new site so I guess I'll just keep working on the links and... sit and... wait :)

Is there any difference in SEO terms between having links to the index page and to sub-pages?

Adam Sargant

PS... no, I'm primarily a hypnotherapist in this guise, but I do create my own music for my CDs... hell I'm old enough I had to look those names up on Google :)

Trance-formation, Aug 3, 2004 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Make sure the incoming links have the appropriate key words in the anchor text, then point them the that page you want to be found on for that particular key word/phrase. So the question is, do you want to be found on your homepage or on your product catalogue pages... That's where you focus on.

T0PS3O, Aug 3, 2004 IP