1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transfering Files & GFX via FTP

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by michael_angeloh, Apr 3, 2005.

I'm fairly new to the forum but from reading posts can see there is much knowledge in the collective here. I'm hoping I can tap into an answer here about FTP (File Transfer Protocol). My host server is Yahoo and I'd like to transfer what amounts to well over 500 html files and an estimated 2000 gfx files to a different new url also hosted by Yahoo!

In researching Yahoo FTP stats it appears they have a max 5megs of data per transfer. At that rate it'll take me a half a day to transfer all my files and I don't believe that would include my gfx files.

I found a web site that allows me to tranfer up to x-15 files at a time. It's straight forward and ez to use but also a slow go for the quantity I'm looking at.

Is there anyone here who has done any FTP and can share a bit of wisdom on how to accelerate this process a bit..?

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

michael_angeloh, Apr 3, 2005 IP
  2. michael_angeloh

michael_angeloh Peon

Best Answers:
    No One here uses Yahoo Hosting Service..?

Anyone..?

michael_angeloh, Apr 4, 2005 IP