1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transfer Adsense to new Owner?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by parisent, Nov 27, 2014.

Sorry Guys ... but I am not exactly sure how to classify my post.

My friend owns a website. He wants to sell it to me. But the AdSense account is under his name! And we just discovered an AdSense account can not be transferred!

But someone told me there are steps I can take to switch the account to my name and my SSN# ... But then isn't that Transferring an Account? I don't get it. If it is possible - Can someone please tell me the steps I need to take to put his current AdSense Account under my name and my SSN?

Thanks!!!!
    PA

parisent, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can not transfer an adsense account. You will have to apply for your own.

Agent000, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  3. AMJAlienServers

AMJAlienServers Peon

Best Answers:
    That is not allowed and will have the account in cause banned by google if caught.

AMJAlienServers, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  4. parisent

parisent Member

Best Answers:
    OK, I just found this online -------- so it does look like AdSense allows some sort of change. Look at what I found. Tell me what you think Thanks!!!

In most locations, you will have the option to change your payee name within your account by following these steps:
    1.Sign in to your AdSense account.
    2.Click the gear icon and select Payments.
    3.In the sidebar, select Payee profile.
    4.In the "Payee profile" section, click Edit.
    5.Enter your desired payee name. Note that if you're updating the payee name of a business account, then the top line should be the business name and the second line the contact name for the business.
    6.Click Save.
    Your payee name change will take effect for the next possible payment cycle. Changes made before the 16th of the month typically affect the current month's payment, while changes made after the 16th won't take effect until the next month's payment cycle.
    How to submit your tax information to Google
    Next: How do I submit my tax information to Google?

If required, tax information must be provided before the 20th in order to receive a payment that month.
    Depending on your location, we may be required to collect tax-related information from you.
    If you are required to provide your tax information to Google, you can do so within your AdSense account.
    1.Sign in to your AdSense account.
    2.Click the gear icon and select Payments.
    3.In the left sidebar, choose Payee profile.
    4.Click Update tax information.
    5.On this page you'll find a guide that will help you to select the appropriate form for your tax situation. All of the forms are available to submit online, and instructions for submitting any other forms offline are also provided.

The name on your tax form is automatically copied from the contact name in your payee profile. If you update your payee name, please resubmit your tax information.

Thanks!!!

PA

5. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Listen to what you are being told: you can not transfer an Adsense account. Read the Adsense terms and conditions!

By all means, follow what you posted above, but please do not come back and complain that the adsense account was banned and you can never use adsense again.

6. parisent

parisent Member

Best Answers:
    Listen to what Adsense Says! YES! Adsense says on their OWN page -- Yes! YOU can Change the PAYEE NAME to Any name you want! And then they say - if You change the name -- then YOU must change the TAX Info to the NEW Payee Name - and the Resubmit the NEW TAX Info!

7. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Good luck with doing that then. But,

8. parisent

parisent Member

Best Answers:
    why would I have to come back and complain about something AdSense says ------ go do this

9. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Your choice. You have been warned.

10. hkmeetup

hkmeetup Member

Best Answers:
    Those updates you mentioned are for changes within the same account (updates to an account when a person changes his/her name). One cannot transfer an adsense account using this feature as it violates Adsense TOS.

hkmeetup, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  11. parisent

parisent Member

Best Answers:
    it is a choice - yes -- a choice that Google AdSense instructs ne to do in Bold Type - mind you .... lol

12. Agent000

Best Answers:
    No one but you is interpreting those instructions that way.

13. parisent

parisent Member

Best Answers:
    So Sorry Guys! I was so Super Confused! So - Google instructs - if John Smith wants to update his Payee name to George Miller - go ahead and make the update - but remember - The name on your tax form is automatically copied from the contact name in your payee profile. If you update your payee name, please resubmit your tax information. So John Smith must resubmit the same TAX info he used before the name change? Now I understand! You guys were right all along! What do I have to do if I purchase the website? Cancel AdSense? Remove all the AdSense codes from the website --- and Resubmit the website for consideration of displaying Google AdSense ads?

Thanks Everyone!

And sorry for the Mix-Up!
    PA

14. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can legally change your name, but your tax id is with you until the day you die.
    You can not transfer your adsense to someone else; You are twisting what adsense
    is saying into something that is not. adsense was assigned to your tax id, and thus
    must match your (legal) name, and if you attempt to use a new legal name, then they
    may require you to submit tax documents that will reflect the changes, and if you
    can not verify your legal name change that matches your tax id, then I suspect your adsense acct maybe banned. You are not going to get a new tax id just because
    you get a new name. When you are born, you are assigned a tax id until death.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
    dscurlock, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  15. parisent

parisent Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I understand all that now ... But when I purchase this website from this GUY - who has AdSense on it now --- what do I do? Do I have to remove all the Adsense codes that are currently on the site now? And then under my name --- resubmit the same site back to google AdSense for approval?

Thanks!!!

16. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you do not remove his code, then he continues to earn from adsense.
    You remove his code, then apply for your own adsense account, assuming
    adsense supports your country for signup, once approved, then you place
    your adsense code in place of his old adsense code, assuming you get approved.

dscurlock, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  17. parisent

parisent Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I will do what you say ... but before I remove all of his codes .... and before I apply to AdSense --- should he formally cancel his AdSense account?

And Thank you for all of your time and responses!

18. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    No, that is not necessary.

malky66, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  19. parisent

parisent Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, sorry for asking so many questions ... But I just want to make sure I do this right. So, after I take over the website - I remove all of his adsesne codes on the website - everywhere he has adsense codes - I remove them. Then I submit the site to Google AdSense for approval? But, it obviously has already been approved - cause he has current adsesne codes on them. So I am resubmitting a site for approval - that has already been approved? .... I don't have to cancel it 1st?

Thanks!!!

parisent, Nov 28, 2014 IP
  20. Agent000

Best Answers:
    You do not need to remove the code, but is probably a good idea as they will be earning money from your site!
    You apply under your name.
    The site has "not" been approved. Their account may have been approved for another site and they just added their code to that site.
    If the site is any good and complies with the guidelines, YOU will be approved. There is no guarantee of that.
    What is the URL?

Agent000, Nov 28, 2014 IP