1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic up, Sales Down?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by nfzgrld, Aug 28, 2005.

1. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a quick look at your survey and here are my ideas:

Q1. I would have a bunch of check boxes with your product lines in there and then an additional field for "anything else".
    Q2. This would be covered by Q1.
    Q3. I would have a bunch of check boxes again with reasons that you can think of plus the "anything else" option again. I wuold
    Q4. I would ask this in a less negative way, "If you haven't bought anything from Mari Len today, can you tell us why?". Again give a list of possible answers and the a text box for "other".
    Q8 and Q9 I wouldn't ask. Too open ended. Your previous Qs should cover this anyway.
    Q10 I would add a blurb about privacy. I would also have a check box to opt in to future mailouts about new product lines, sales and cool fashion tips. (You want to keep in contact with these people who could become customers in the future, so you need their permission for this.)

I suggest you promote this by going to lots of fashion sites with forums and posting about it with the link. Tell users about the incentive, and you will probably see some results.

stephenmunday, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  2. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    About WorldPay as am alternative provider: I wouldn't use them. I only do because there are so few options for non-US merchants, but I was not impressed with the time they took to process my application and the fact that the number of cards I can process is limited. (As I said before, they don't allow me to accpet Amex because I am in Japan. If only they had mentioned that at the beginning, rather than telling me I would be able to ....)

stephenmunday, Sep 7, 2005 IP
  3. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not worried about promoting it just yet, I want to see what kind of response I get, if any, from the people who are already visiting the site. I do think it will be better if I have multiple choice type answers instead of the way I have it, but at this point I'm worried about missing something important. I'm already getting some input and hence some ideas of what people are thinking. This should help me reformulate the questions after a couple of days and hopefully get better results.

nfzgrld, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  4. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    I just thought you were worried about not getting enough feedback, so I thought you could broaden the scope by promoting the survey and incentive to get more responses.

stephenmunday, Sep 8, 2005 IP
  5. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    I just changed the survey questions following your advice to some degree, I've also just learned I can use an 800 number service to create a customer service number that I can forward to my cell, or whatever, for only about $10 a month. That's pretty cool!

nfzgrld, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  6. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a cool idea! Just have it switched on 24 hours a day and prepared to be woken up a lot. Just kidding!

stephenmunday, Sep 9, 2005 IP
  7. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the customer service toll free line is up and running, and will actually go online with someone answering it tomorrow morning. Given some of the results I'm getting from the survey and feedback I've gotten in the past this should spur sales quite a bit. I think it adds a lot of credibility to the site in the eyes of a lot of people.

nfzgrld, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  8. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    If you continue to react to customer feedback that quickly and that positively, I imagine you will soon be rewarded with higher sales.

stephenmunday, Sep 11, 2005 IP
  9. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    From your keyboard to the customers wallet!

nfzgrld, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  10. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    Is spamming forums one of your Secret Marketing Weapons?

stephenmunday, Sep 27, 2005 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  11. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I think your comments would be much more appreciated if they dealt specifically with the specific matter contained in this thread: How to increase sales and conversions on Nicholas' site in particular.

If you have general marketing information, you could introduce it in a new thread as general resource information.

stephenmunday, Sep 27, 2005 IP