1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic Swarm - any benefit?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by rbucich, Feb 10, 2005.

Is there any real benefit to using Trafficswarm.com?
    They send you traffic, it's free but at what cost?

I'm trying it right now just to see if it has any impact on anything.
    Sure I'm getting clicks but...
    Are there any residual benefits from clicks alone? As a suburban Realtor, I have to assume there is zero chance of actually converting someone as a customer.

I'd hate to do something like this and get penalized in the SEs.
    Thanks for your thoughts!

rbucich, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  2. keywordguru

keywordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    I would probably say that the clicks aren't worth much. If I am not mistaken, you basically are getting clicks for clicking. So as you pass by people pages without care, they will do the same to yours.

I personally would rather spend a few bucks and use adwords or overture:)

keywordguru, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  3. Haichi

Haichi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    many months back I wasted a lot of time using it... it really useless and wastes a lot of your time... time that you could have used to write content for your site

Haichi, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  4. mxlabs

mxlabs Peon

Best Answers:
    if you see these promotion circles as a "tool" rather than the "be-all, end-all solution to web traffic" as it is advertised on most sites, you'll feel a lot better about it.
    In general, the more you promote niche products (and your real estate site is a great example for a very niche market), the less results you will see.
    if you stay close to the "web promotion / advertising" market this tool is aimed at, it's a good idea to give this type of programs a chance. don't expect to get high value traffic though. this traffic converts, but only if you properly analyze your advertising and target market first of all.

bottom line: a real estate site isn't exactly the best choice ;)

mxlabs, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  5. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    The only thing this would be good for is if you have a site with CPM banners ;) I've never had any leads or anything when I used it, it didn't make my web stats look more impressive though.

Josh

Josh, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  6. rbucich

rbucich Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I figured what you all said was pretty much fact.
    I signed up to test the waters after I found Trafficswarm on another Realtor's website.

I suppose it may be helpful if I was marketing someone else's site and wanted to artifically inflate their traffic numbers to the owner.

Well at least it's free...

I do have an Adwords account that works.

Thanks!

rbucich, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  7. keywordguru

keywordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Very true! A good stat booster and CPM builder.....but that's about it.

As said, put the time into development, and probably local marketing, since your target market is very close to home.
    KG

keywordguru, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  8. mddv

mddv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is pretty much a waste of time but you can always give it a try notin is stopping you it also depend on your website and what it offers. Well good luck

Here is a site that has programs just like traffic swarm but they have more option than traffic swarm well thats what i think. www.hitsbug.com

Good luck with your sites marketing

mddv, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  9. mudnik

mudnik Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't waste your time clicking through for the credits. Don't waste your money getting a paid account. However, there's really no harm signing up for it and setting up your web browser page to trafficswamp. It earns you a credit every time you open your browser window (which you have to do anyway).

What type of ads to use? Don't send them to your main homepage. Rather, send them to a page where you give them a free (and useful) report on real estate or something (can also add in 1 small adsense ad). Ask them for their name + email address in return for the report. Then do your follow up from there...

You can also use something called instantbuzz (free). It gives you a credit everytime you surf to a new page and your ad is displayed at the top of the browser. The ads can even be displayed in emails! Tremendous reach possible. Membership is by invitation only so if you are interested to join, just send me a PM.

mudnik, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  10. Vikkeedee

Vikkeedee Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm going to cancel my account soon - I really have not made any sales through this. I do get clickthoughs - but I think those are just people clicking my link to earn credit. Everything time you click on a link you receive 1-6 clickthough credit. But who has the time to sit there and click away for credit .... not me!

Vikkeedee, Feb 27, 2005 IP
  11. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    The only people who seem to sign up are internet marketers and webmasters. If you are marketing to them it may be good. For my sites it was useless.

stephenmunday, Feb 27, 2005 IP
  12. LadyT

LadyT Peon

Best Answers:
    It's pretty much a traffic/stats thing only from what I found out. It did nothing at all for my sales and you are wasting your time sitting there clicking on ads.. as that is just what others are doing and not even paying attention to what you offer. It's just really... lame. I stopped using it after about a week.

LadyT, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  13. Servetraffic

Servetraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    Servetraffic, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  14. joshril

joshril Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree...I am sure there are better things you can do with your time than sitting and clicking. Does anyone know if paying for traffic can hurt your page ranking or if it actually works?? I found a site that offers 1000 targeted visitors for $2.95. Anyone have experience with this??

joshril, Feb 28, 2005 IP
  15. mudnik

mudnik Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't really have to sit there clicking..every time you open your browser, you get 1 credit immediately. This is something that you have to do anyway...

mudnik, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  16. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    complete waste of time, IMO. Why waist my BW on people who are just clicking the link to get points for themselves?

SportsOutlaw, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  17. web-rover

web-rover Peon

Best Answers:
    Big waste of time...huge waste actually.

web-rover, Mar 1, 2005 IP