1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic Prior to new forum

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by nevetS, May 11, 2005.

What sort of traffic should you have regularly prior to opening a new forum. The new vbulletin announcement got me thinking in that general direction again.

I'm thinking that averaging 5000 uniques/day is a good starting point. How much traffic did you have before you started your successful forum.

nevetS, May 11, 2005 IP
  2. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had nothing. My site is my forum. I kind of did things a bit backwards, but at the same time my forum was designed as a centralized area for some friends I met via Warcraft 3.

5000 uniques sounds like a good number to me. Though retaining forum members that engage in somewhat meaningful conversation is another story.

Infiniterb, May 11, 2005 IP
  3. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    I also had no traffic. But the forum was started in a great niche where there was no competition (when it comes to forums), and people were eager to jump on and post.

subseo, May 12, 2005 IP