1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic From Search Engine

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by M-BenzForum.com, Aug 31, 2006.

I just read from another forum :
    There is simple facts about getting traffic from SE:
    - Traffic from SE depends about number of pages

is that right??

Thank you

M-BenzForum.com, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  2. DCampbell

DCampbell Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure really. I've heard that the 3 biggest ranking variables are:

1. Content
    2. Age of website
    3. Update frequency

...unfortunately, I don't think anyone outside of Google really knows. ;)

DCampbell, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  3. slava75

slava75 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    - backlinks quality
    - backlinks age
    - internal links structure

The list goes on and on. All these factors define the position of your pages in SE.

But your statement (the more pages the more traffic) is to some extent true - your pages may be on top of SE for some low volume search terms.

slava75, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  4. Rasputin

Rasputin Peon

Best Answers:
    A bit of an over-simplification I think.

It is true that the more pages (unique content) page you have, the more visitors you should get, for the less common phrases.

But remember that of people searching, about 40% click on the first item of the results, 10% on the second result and then less on the other results (someone published the actual numbers here a little while ago).

So I think that to be in the top 1-3 results for a few well searched phrases will bring much more traffic than lots of less common phrases. Which suggests you should focus on a few pages with carefully targetted phrases rather than add lots of content.

I am moving from the 'lots of pages' approach to the 'carefully targetted pages' approach. Time permitting I will do both of course.

Rasputin, Aug 31, 2006 IP
  5. nezb

nezb Guest

Best Answers:
    All the search engines are really looking for is to bring good quality relevant content to the top of their searches.

The theory goes… a well written relevant page will have the necessary keywords for the search engine to know what its about, and the search engine will love it too.

With this in mind, yes lots of pages are better, but even just a few well written pages will help. Over stuffing pages with keywords is not necessary. Updating your content regularly and keeping your site fresh is really important too.

nezb, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  6. ANUL

ANUL Peon

Best Answers:
    some freand tell me about traffic and directories : if your site it is submitted in more directories , you have more traffic . It is true ?

ANUL, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  7. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    No... its not right.

You can have millions of pages indexed and you would not get 1 visitor if they rank 500+ :)

Its all about how many ppl are searching for particular keyword(s) and where you rank for these keyword(s). :)

Mong, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  8. jaguar-archie2006

jaguar-archie2006 Banned

Best Answers:
    might true, if you control all the rank of that pages, but it is not human friendly. =) let it say G and i have one pages, and your one of the other big se's.

jaguar-archie2006, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  9. XandroZ

XandroZ Peon

Best Answers:
    you need to have high PR
    every indexed page have a PR; if you have let say: > 50. 000 with internal links you are happy
    if not, you need outbound links - from other domains - with PR > 3 who are related and have few outbound links because the PR split to the number of outbound links.So links page with more than 20-30 links are not really good
    Also the anchor link to you must contain "your keywords"(site optimized for).
    I give you un example search in google for "click here" .The result is the Adobe site.But the Adobe site must have good results for "graphics" ; so it's a wrong anchor

XandroZ, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  10. carjamlangley

carjamlangley Guest

Best Answers:
    The good thing about having lots of pages is that you have more people finding your site. The small traffic that is generated by these pages really adds up when you figure it all together. And these pages can be optimized for keywords that are more targeted, but less traffic. The more targeted traffic the better.

carjamlangley, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  11. adamovic

adamovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are asking us about content generation, it mostly doesn't work due to various filters SE performs. If you get visitors it would be mostly untargeted traffic which converts bad...

adamovic, Sep 1, 2006 IP