1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic Equalizer causes Google ban?

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by dinarpw, Nov 29, 2005.

1. dinarpw

dinarpw Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah. I think I get a good picture about what TE pages look like and what they are... at first i thought it would create something more 'decent' like a directory or something.

Just out of curiousity, does anybody know a TE site that I can take a look at?

dinarpw, Dec 3, 2005 IP
  2. genkied

genkied Active Member

Best Answers:
    can i ask what company develops TE??

genkied, Dec 3, 2005 IP
  3. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Xybercode, Inc. Not a houshold name company.

This site is an example of a TE built site: site

It is actually a decent site for being made with a bunch of autogeneration software.

I will say I don't recommend using this program. It is a risk/rewad decision, and if you are somebody who wants the reward to outweigh the risk in the end, you shouldn't use this software. There are people who made millions when TE first came out, but now it is harder since google has stepped up the game of getting spam sites out.

Don't be another person making thousands of pages for no purpose other then money. Create soemthing worth reading, and I think you'll find the rewards personally and financially will keep you from ever considering using TE, etc. again.

Matthew

MattEvers, Dec 3, 2005 IP
  4. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    That doesn't look like traffic equlaizer site

ferret77, Dec 3, 2005 IP
  5. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, just looks like a news feed to me.

jazzylee77, Dec 3, 2005 IP
  6. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    rss equalizer $97.00... or you could find ysf1's thread on how to do it free. I don't care for all the gratuitous outbound links most feed create though.

7. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    jeez...this has got me looking at article bot and webspinner. Someone tell me not to do it! :)

8. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Click on the Site Map link at the bottom of the page. It is made with TE and RSS equalizer.

Matthew

9. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't do it. Make good content...

That is just a quick, get-rich-now scheme. Go legit, and you will not be sorry.

10. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    yeah whatever,

that has to be one of the better TE sites I have ver seen

what rss equlaizer do? and web spinner?

I had article bot but got rid of it when it was pointed out that he keeps a copy of the content you generate. Buggy ass program.

ferret77, Dec 3, 2005 IP
  11. dinarpw

dinarpw Guest

Best Answers:
    Ah... so TE, Article bot and webspinner are the same... spam site creators...?

dinarpw, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  12. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    some would say so. They can be used as tools to make scraper sites. Sites that take content from elsewhere and manipulate them. The advanced features will take content and with a thesaurus that you define it "spins" that content into fresh rewritten versions. So for example if you were stealing a review that said "My neighbor Bill bought one of these product x's and he and his wife just love it" you may generate "My account Sally is thrilled with the product X her husband purchased last week." and countless similar variations throughout the text. SO in a way you have stolen the content yet escape the duplicate content penalty. Thing is, it looks like such an effort to get it set up to work really well. If I wanted a bunch of reworded content without concern for how well it was said, I could rap out pages of that quality pretty speedily by hand.

A use of the program that is maybe less unscrupulous, would be to write your own content and then use webspinner or articlebot to generate variations. But still that is spammy to me, since the generated pages aren't adding much value. One use that I think would be viewed as acceptable by most would be if you had descriptions or reviews written by yourself and then randomly displayed variations with different images with page refresh or maybe just a new version on a daily basis. I can imagine the power of combining a program like this dynamically with a datafeed where the item descriptions are being rewritten. The danger there would be in misrepresenting the item, so setup of the thesaurus would be critical...not to mention all the php hacking. I could also imagine a skilled black hat scraping amazon reviews of products, spinning that content and incorporating it into a dynamic datafeed driven site. Beyond my skills. I guess I'll keep typing.

jazzylee77, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  13. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    a lot of my article bot pages were hit with dup content, so unless you just make a few copies or really spin the hell out of the content it might not work

ferret77, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  14. chawlars

chawlars Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you would get banned form google and also if not banned, your pages would not get high ranking in reuslts after some time, i.e. after google gets to know of the state

Immigrate Canada

chawlars, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  15. dinarpw

dinarpw Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks y'all.

It's pretty clear now that TE is not as exciting as it lets on... :p

dinarpw, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  16. advancedfuture

advancedfuture Banned

Best Answers:
    Despite the fact that TE is scraper software it does it's job well, and you can avoid a ban when using it if you customize your code well enough. But its more than likely that your site will get banned sooner or later. Back in early 05 you could crank out sites all day with TE and make thousands a month. You still can but the effort that it takes to generate enough niche spam sites would far outweight the rewards.

Just go with a WH site. Content generation is for lazy schmucks who only have greed on thier mind and dont have enough creativity and ingenuity to design a real site.

Well thats my .02

~J

advancedfuture, Mar 1, 2006 IP
  17. dinarpw

dinarpw Guest

Best Answers:
    Agreed. And I've already decided not to use any of those softwares. Thanks again. :)

dinarpw, Mar 5, 2006 IP