1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Traffic analyzing product search

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by garyfugere, Feb 2, 2005.

I am currently the Webmaster for 4 different sites on two different servers. We 16 different landing pages that we will be tracking. We have a budget of a onetime expenditure of $600 or an Monthly fee of not to exceed $30.

We are looking for an analytic or traffic monitoring solution that we specifically provide marketing intelligence and monitoring of an upcoming pay per click campaign. I am particularily interested that in a solution that will enable us to drill down on individual vistors (and most importantly conversions), so we can see where they orginated what pages they viewed, how many times they visited the site, etc.

Any Input regarding products or services that we should be investigating would be greatly appreciated. Or let me know if my budget is a fantasy!

Or does any know of a side by side comparison of the big dogs in this business?

garyfugere, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  2. keywordguru

keywordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    So are you trying to do split testing and have different conversion levels as well? Or are you more interested in per click charges, etc?

I find that there truly isn't one tool to do it all. But there are plenty of tools to get the info you need.

There are free trackers that actually are pretty detailed like statcounter, and then there are in depth trackers that are in the thousands.

It all depends on what you hope to achieve. Are you trying to find out which page converts the best? How much your clicks are? etc etc?

Let me know this info and I will be able to lead you in the right direction. I've tried them ALL :)

keywordguru, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  3. garyfugere

garyfugere Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for a quick reply.

We plan on testing a lot of stuff, banner ads, buying links etc. Well beyond google and overture.

I want something to tell me lots about individual vistors who buy. So I can eliminate expenditures on stuff that does not produce results.

A-B side by side testing would be nice, but we really want to know is pretty simple. We want to be able to follow the path that our customers are taking, where they start from, which pages they visit in what order and where did they depart if they didn't buy. Have they visited more than once. We must monitor 16 landing pages on 4 sites on 2 servers.

Most of the stuff I've seen is too general, it doesn't track individual buyers. I need to get into the head of individuals, not just mass quanitity of vistors to the landing pages.

I hope this helps

garyfugere, Feb 2, 2005 IP
  4. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    php live does interesting customer tracking - but that's just a side feature of the application.

I don't know of software out there that produces what you are looking for out of the box, but it would be a matter of building some perl scripts that traversed your logs to output information on all visitors that perhaps ended up on your shopping cart page.

Urchin might have what you are looking for, but I haven't used it.

nevetS, Feb 3, 2005 IP