1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trademarked terms in Adwords?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by gunbuster, Aug 17, 2005.

What's infringing and what isn't? I got a letter from CJ warning me that I had infringed w/ my Google AdWord bidding. I had bid on "ebay quick start".

So I went back and forth w/ the CJ guy who basically told me that I can't bid on any terms containing the word "ebay".

That's fair enough -- but why is it that there appear to be a lot of affiliates that turn up when you google ebay + any other word? I.e. ebay comic books, ebay bidding, ebay account, etc...

How come they are able to bid on keywords containing ebay but I can't? All I want is a level playing field...

gunbuster, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Every affiliate program has a TOS by which you have to go by. They often state you can't bid on the companies name and other trademarks for PPC campaigns.

dcristo, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Different affiliate programs have different rules. On some products that I actually stock, I cannot run adwords ads because of copyright. Ohters will send me a waiver so its okay to do adwords. You send it to google and you are good to go. Some people are strict, others arent. Ebay probably isn't too strict.

lorien1973, Aug 17, 2005 IP