1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tracking Your Sites Stats

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by Burta, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When did you apply?

Burta, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  2. carl_galloway

carl_galloway Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm using webalizer and have just joined addfreestats.com

Gotta say I hate webalizer, lots and lots of info, but it doesn't really tell me very much about my users and what the do on my site. I was originally using modlogan which gives more detail but I hated the way it was structured, constantly clicking to get info instead of just presenting everything on one page like webalizer does. Addfreestats is so much better, at least I can track what my users are doing, where they're clicking etc, but it only gives me a history of the last 500. Google analytics sounds awesome, I've applied for an invitation and can't wait till they notice me. I know a few other sites where they're using google analytics and these guys swear by it, best free analysis they've ever seen they tell me.

carl_galloway, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  3. miked

miked Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can't stand clicking on things to see everything, you probably won't like analytics.

Everything I need is there, but I still spend quite a bit of time clicking on each report to find everything.

miked, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  4. profs77

profs77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    G Analytics works great and I have it set up so that I can track things for adsense clicks too. It also works in conjunction with adwords.

profs77, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  5. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can I ask does GA (Google Analytics) give you a specefic page data. What I mean by that is that often I want to optimise a specific section or page of my site but it is hard with trackers that just trakc the entire site in general, which makes it hard when your subsections or indiviudal pages make up but only a tiny fraction of the overall stats and SE hits. I guess I'm sorta asking does GA have something similar to their channels that they use in Google Adsense?

Burta, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  6. max pain

max pain Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yep you can set a "GOAL" for that particular page - where in hits that you get to that particular page will be counted as successful goal conversion. And you can also keep a track of who is visiting your page, location, the duration, the depth of the visit and many more things

max pain, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  7. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    FadStats not publicly launched yet though!

Fahd, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  8. Mark Davies

Mark Davies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got my analytics code abot 2 weeks ago after waiting 4 months!
    They seem to be adding capacity so hopefully you will get your invite sooner rather than later!

Mark Davies, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  9. AmmoX

AmmoX Guest

Best Answers:
    Yep, took me a couple weeks. But it was worth the wait. I use webtrends as well and so far the data between the two has been pretty close.

I'd like to see sitemaps and adsense/word integration into Analytics as well. Filters make some of this possible, but the ability to integrate those other features if you use them would be great.

AmmoX, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  10. bpearson

bpearson Peon

Best Answers:
    Burta,
    what you are looking for can be done with free tracking code and with a little sql/php codeing

pm me for details

bpearson, Apr 10, 2006 IP
  11. zibzer

zibzer Peon

Best Answers:

1 month ago. ive only had it for a week. its a very powerful program.

zibzer, Apr 13, 2006 IP