1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tracking Swedish keywords in Sweden - any advice appreciated

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by Merlin-Sweden, May 14, 2011.

We are most satisfied with DP's Keyword tracker, but we have a little problem that we are unable to solve ourselves:

Can anyone assist with advice as to how can track Swedish keywords. Since about 50% of our data recovery customers live in Sweden, we must analyze ranking results from GOOGLE.SE :(

Our language uses a few special characters ( ÅÄÖ åäö )
    Obviously, and in accordance with Murphy's law; most of the keywords that we wish to track contain these letters: HÃ¥rddisk is such an example: 'a hard disk'

Can anyone assist us with a tweak to request results from the Google database that serves Sweden ?

Maybe another product ?

Merlin-Sweden, May 14, 2011 IP
  2. Yedi

Yedi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yedi, May 14, 2011 IP
  3. Merlin-Sweden

Merlin-Sweden Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks Yedi, but your reply leads to a Google keyword suggestion tool ( based on a single keyword) ; not at all what i was requesting help with.

The excellent DP ( Digital Point ) keyword tracker allows me to monitor thousands of keywords and phrases, arranged in many different groups, observe daily, weekly and monthly changes. It appears to be restricted from results from Google.com.

Our target audience, mostly Swedish, mostly prefer to search with google.se , so, even if top ranking on google.com is nice to see on the DP reports, it could mislead us.

Merlin-Sweden, May 14, 2011 IP
  4. Yedi

Yedi Active Member

Best Answers:
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The system should be recording and querying even with the special characters. But as far as doing regional searches, the Google API doesn't allow it (at least not that I'm aware of). They used to let you do it with their old SOAP API, but that API was discontinued some time ago unfortunately...

I have heard reports of the Google API automatically returning results a user would see based on the physical location of the server running the script... so if your script was hosted in Sweden, you may be getting results that Swedish users would get.

digitalpoint, May 15, 2011 IP
  6. dulcificum

dulcificum Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you find out how to do regional searches, please let me know too.

dulcificum, May 16, 2011 IP