1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tracking by site sections

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Remo, Nov 11, 2009.

Hey

I was wondering if can help out. Im a bit green to GA but have to set it up on a site as were doing a comparison to an enterprise analytics provider we have installed

Im getting lost about setting up tracking of site sections.

Heres where I have got to (and its not that far)

My account is set up and I have added 15 profiles (which I understand to be sections) All good so far :) under these I have added the default URL where appropriate

So my question is will it pick everything

eg mydomain.com/vGcars

will also pick up everything which is associated to cars eg mydomain.com/vGcardsre124 , mydomain.com/vGcardsre126

To add to it half the site is set up this way and the other half using sub directorys

I did see that for every profile you create you get a profile ID and I had thought I could just pull in this profile ID into the GA code as a reference for a section, but apparently not

I thought setting up channel tracking would be straightforward, but any help or advice anyone can give I would really appreciate it !

Thanks in advance
    Remo

Remo, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  2. appleranger

appleranger Peon

Best Answers:
    Just leave it the way it is. Google Analytics is designed to track your statistics and traffic.

appleranger, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  3. Remo

Remo Peon

Best Answers:
    I worked out I was being stupid as have been using Omniture so long and GA is the reverse eg apply code and configure in console versus configure code/calls

But thanks for the reply and now all the fun and games of working through reverse logic :)

Remo, Nov 12, 2009 IP