1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tracking ads

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by john_loch, Nov 30, 2004.

Hi Shawn,

I noticed recently that all new ads include a class element in the href tag. I suspect that this is used to track whether or not ads are legit etc. At first, i thought someone had managed to insert it for tracking purposes, but then realized your system was doing it (when I saw a couple of different classes for the same ad).

Point being - I would *really* like to be able to track individual ads on the network. This would give me a great way to actually average the link to weight ratio.

Could you add another simple element to the tag on a per ad (not acct) basis.
    Perhaps a base64encode of the url (don't even need to look it up then) in a title or name or other element (you can invent one if you like, it won't hurt) ?

This would be VERY easy to accomplish, and help everybody get the stats they want for their ads.

I would like to be able to track an ad I've just set up - obviously most ads out there are links only, not text or banner, which makes it impossible to get an even remotely accurate idea.

What do you think ?

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Nov 30, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sorry... it just ads unnecessary code to the ad network and everyone's sites.

digitalpoint, Nov 30, 2004 IP